Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thursday NBC Broadcast & PFF

NewColtsFan

If this was mentioned elsewhere, I haven’t seen it.   

I was mostly watching the Chiefs and Ravens.   But throughout the first quarter when they introduced each player, NBC also showed the players 2023 PFF score.

That was stunning to me.   Did anyone in the broadcast talk about it?  Collinsworth?  
He’s the primary owner of PFF.  I’d think NBC would be obligated to reveal that CC owns the company.   Does he pay NBC to get the PFF grade incorporated into the broadcast?   There needs to be disclosure by everyone.  You want to put all cards on the table so everyone knows what’s going on.   

And I say all that as someone who who has a PFF subscription.   So I believe in the product.   But full disclosure is always good.  Better safe than sorry.  

Anyone?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I was mostly watching the Chiefs and Ravens.   But throughout the first quarter when they introduced each player, NBC also showed the players 2023 PFF score.

That was stunning to me.   Did anyone in the broadcast talk about it?  Collinsworth?  
He’s the primary owner of PFF.  I’d think NBC would be obligated to reveal that CC owns the company.   Does he pay NBC to get the PFF grade incorporated into the broadcast?   There needs to be disclosure by everyone.  You want to put all cards on the table so everyone knows what’s going on.   

And I say all that as someone who who has a PFF subscription.   So I believe in the product.   But full disclosure is always good.  Better safe than sorry.  

Anyone?

I missed that, not sure. Good question.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Anyone?

They're all too busy chortling about all their money as the clink their glasses of 800 year old scotch

55 minutes ago, shakedownstreet said:

They're all too busy chortling about all their money as the clink their glasses of 800 year old scotch

I know I’m sometimes a little slow on the uptake…. But I confess that one sailed right over my head.   No clue.   You got me!  

:giveup:

• Like 1

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Anyone?

I did take notice of the PFF scores during the introductions. I did find it odd.  I really never gave it anymore thought.  

Personally I can't imagine those grades could have been revealed without someone getting paid. 

Why? I haven't a clue. 

• Thanks 1