Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign WR Laquon Treadwell

25 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

Lol, what an introductory post!!!

It was the first thread I scrolled to. Just was being honest from what I saw of Treadwell in Minnesota. Obviously the Packers play the Vikes 2 times a year.

48 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

It was the first thread I scrolled to. Just was being honest from what I saw of Treadwell in Minnesota. Obviously the Packers play the Vikes 2 times a year.

Well welcome, hopefully you enjoy your time here.

29 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

😅🤣

Calling an NFL player "garbage" is a tad harsh, regardless of their station...

I prefer the word 'BAD' compared to other NFL players. You have a scale of bad, below average, average, above average, good, very good, great. Anyone who has played in the NFL isn't trash or garbage, they have done something that less than 1% of the population has done.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, TheNewGuy said:

😅🤣

Calling an NFL player "garbage" is a tad harsh, regardless of their station...

Well, I am not claiming to be an NFL scout, but I have been in and around the game for the better part of 40 years as a college player, then 16 years as a coach in the Mid-American Conference. Compared to the countless NFL WRs I have seen Live and on All-21 film, & TV copy, he is highly inferior. I hope that word won't offend.😏

No worries on sticking up for him, because he is a Colt, quite doubtful he makes the 53, but possible. I need to study all the players on the Colts 90 man roster more to give a proper opinion on his competition. 13 WRs on the roster currently. That is off the top of my head, so don't quote me on it.

I have been on a number of NFL team forums as I analyze the the few teams I don't follow as closely.  Not that I only watch games from 27 teams, but some teams I know more intimately.

• Like 1

Remembered the name and had to google his career.  Looks like he hasnt done much in like 7 years.

He was a top prospect that had trouble getting on the field and producing as a pro.  Wonder what happened

12 minutes ago, PackersNation said:

Well, I am not claiming to be an NFL scout, but I have been in and around the game for the better part of 40 years as a college player, then 16 years as a coach in the Mid-American Conference. Compared to the countless NFL WRs I have seen Live and on All-21 film, & TV copy, he is highly inferior. I hope that word won't offend.😏

No worries on sticking up for him, because he is a Colt, quite doubtful he makes the 53, but possible. I need to study all the players on the Colts 90 man roster more to give a proper opinion on his competition. 13 WRs on the roster currently. That is off the top of my head, so don't quote me on it.

I have been on a number of NFL team forums as I analyze the the few teams I don't follow as closely.  Not that I only watch games from 27 teams, but some teams I know more intimately.

I wasn't "offended" nor was I "sticking up" for Treadwell, so let's be clear. I just feel that calling an NFL player "garbage" is a little ridiculous, especially from someone who claims to have been a college coach. He most likely won't make the team and that is okay as he replaced a player that wasn't going to either, yet he offers more experience. However, he can help in practice by giving his team mates, for now, better competition to face to help them prepare for the upcoming season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheNewGuy said:

I wasn't "offended" nor was I "sticking up" for Treadwell, so let's be clear. I just feel that calling an NFL player "garbage" is a little ridiculous, especially from someone who claims to have been a college coach. He most likely won't make the team and that is okay as he replaced a player that wasn't going to either, yet he offers more experience. However, he can help in practice by giving his team mates, for now, better competition to face to help them prepare for the upcoming season. 

Well, I have been out of coaching for about 12 years now. Maybe the fan in me came out with that comment. My apology.

You will find I don't "claim" things that are not fact. I have lived long enough to have no need or urge to lie at this point. In my early 20's you could have caught me in a couple lies.😌

He didn't learn to run all the routes with nuance to excel in any part of the field and relies on few jump balls, he's a good teammate to have around for the camp. He also has problem with his concentration and effort on the field during the games, and doesn't get open so he doesn't get on the field for many snaps. He's at the point of his career when teams would let him be a free agent and he'd need to start thinking about the rest of his life. 

15 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Hey now all those peeps that whined that we took Ryan Kelly instead of drafting Laquon Treadwell out of Ole Miss can finally calm down.  We got em both now guys!  We did it!

How has it been going. Ready for another season, I think we make the playoffs this year.

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

How has it been going. Ready for another season, I think we make the playoffs this year.

We'll live or die with Richardson's progression.  So much we don't know. 

Losing Ebukam was a bummer, so hopefully some of the younger guys step up.  If not Latu, hopefully one of those higher DE/DL picks makes a leap forward this year. 

Definitely think the AFC S is winnable though.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, OffensivelyPC said:

We'll live or die with Richardson's progression.  So much we don't know. 

Losing Ebukam was a bummer, so hopefully some of the younger guys step up.  If not Latu, hopefully one of those higher DE/DL picks makes a leap forward this year. 

Definitely think the AFC S is winnable though.  

Yeah, I will be curious to see if Stroud can duplicate what he did as a rookie, not 100% sold on it. Having said that, they should be favored to win the South. I think 2 teams get in from the South, us and the Texans. The Jags are a mystery to me, they looked good in 2022, then last season faded. Trevor can be really good at times but also bad at times. AR has a high ceiling + he has Taylor so this will be fun.