Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do we think a Colts pre-draft video could drop Monday?

NewColtsFan

So the combine starts Tuesday.  And I believe the Colts “with the next pick” video series has always had the first video BEFORE the combine.  

Videos don’t drop on the weekend, so I’m guessing Monday is the day.   I suppose it’s possible the first video could drop AFTER the combine,  and they could use video from the combine.  

Whenever it arrives, I’m looking forward to it as I’m sure many here are. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

So the combine starts Tuesday.  And I believe the Colts “with the next pick” video series has always had the first video BEFORE the combine.  

Videos don’t drop on the weekend, so I’m guessing Monday is the day.   I suppose it’s possible the first video could drop AFTER the combine,  and they could use video from the combine.  

Whenever it arrives, I’m looking forward to it as I’m sure many here are. 

Every year until last year, there were 4 parts to the series. Last year, there were only 2. I guess it depends how many parts it includes this year. If it's 4, I would say we get a video within a week. If it's 2 again, we'll get 1 video in the week before the draft, and 1 in the week after the draft.

I hope it's 4 videos again as I really enjoy this series, and it's fun when they sprinkle hints on who we are interested in and we get to see the inner workings of the Colts FO as they scout the players in the draft. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Yoshinator said:

Every year until last year, there were 4 parts to the series. Last year, there were only 2. I guess it depends how many parts it includes this year. If it's 4, I would say we get a video within a week. If it's 2 again, we'll get 1 video in the week before the draft, and 1 in the week after the draft.

I hope it's 4 videos again as I really enjoy this series, and it's fun when they sprinkle hints on who we are interested in and we get to see the inner workings of the Colts FO as they scout the players in the draft. 

Fair point.   I suppose we might only get two.   You’re right, we only got two last year.   Hope that doesn’t happen,  but it’s possible.  

1 hour ago, Pat Curtis said:

Last year it was awful.  With such a high pick I'm surprised there wasn't more to it.  I really look forward to this series as I enjoy the actual day to day workings of everyone.

I agree.  Maybe they had turnover or a cut back in the department that produces the videos.  Who knows but last year was a real disappointment.  Hopefully this year is not a repeat of last year.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I agree.  Maybe they had turnover or a cut back in the department that produces the videos.  Who knows but last year was a real disappointment.  Hopefully this year is not a repeat of last year.

perhaps they kept their circle very small and didn’t want any chances of leaking their plan to draft AR at 4. It was a big draft, and could have gone south quickly if information got out. 

sitting at 15 with a number of options is very different than sitting at 4 with your eye on a specific quarterback. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

perhaps they kept their circle very small and didn’t want any chances of leaking their plan to draft AR at 4. It was a big draft, and could have gone south quickly if information got out. 

sitting at 15 with a number of options is very different than sitting at 4 with your eye on a specific quarterback. 

That shouldn’t affect whether you do four episodes or two.  There are plenty of interesting topics or events you can cover without tipping your hand on a player or strategy.  That reason holds no water with me.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2024 at 1:09 AM, Yoshinator said:

You’re correct!   No video today which means it’ll likely play out as you said.  

One video sometime before the draft and the second video about a week after the draft. 

Props to you!    :thmup:

• Thanks 1