Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

On 5/28/2024 at 11:07 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I read where the Cubs had a team meeting this morning, whatever was said paid off. Brown pitched 7 Innings of no-hit ball and the Cubs took out the Brewers in Milwaukee 6-3 in 10. Huge much needed win to end that losing streak. Cubs get back within 3.5 games of the Brewers in the NL Central (stay in 2nd place) as well and now improve to 28-27. 

I wish the Reds would have a meeting, and then promptly sell the team to an owner who actually cares… 

• Like 1

Cubs back in 2nd place with a win over the Reds 7-5. Great way to kick off June with a win.

NL Central standings as of June 1st:

1. Brewers 35-23

2. Cubs 29-30

3. Cards 27-29

4. Pirates 27-31

5. Reds 25-33

If the season ended today, the Cubs and Giants would be tied for the final Wildcard playoff spot at 29-30.

Should’ve been 7-1 but Suzuki made a very uncharacteristic error. 

My only wish now for the seasons is to not finish last place, but I don’t see Cincy climbing out of the doormat, it’s just too much of a hole. 

24 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Should’ve been 7-1 but Suzuki made a very uncharacteristic error. 

My only wish now for the seasons is to not finish last place, but I don’t see Cincy climbing out of the doormat, it’s just too much of a hole. 

I will just be happy if the Cubs make the playoffs. I thought they would be better than what they are but as long as they stay within playoff contention all season, it will keep me interested and watching. 6 teams get in and as of now the Cubs are tied for 6th in the NL. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I will just be happy if the Cubs make the playoffs. I thought they would be better than what they are but as long as they stay within playoff contention all season, it will keep me interested and watching. 6 teams get in and as of now the Cubs are tied for 6th in the NL. 

I think the Cubs will make the playoffs, better talent and management in the division. 

• Like 1

Let's call it what it is = the Black and Blue Division. NL Central Division standings through June 5th:

1. Brewers 36-25

2. Cubs 30-31 (6)

3. Cards 28-31 (7)

4. Pirates 28-32 (7.5)

5. Reds 28-33 (8)

Cubs win a wild one tonight over the White Sox 7-6 to stay in 2nd place. Cubs also have the 6th best record in the NL, which would give them the final playoff spot. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RollerColt said:

Insane that the Reds have won so much over the last 10 days, and are yet still in the cellar… 

De La Cruz is at least exciting! 10+ HRs and 30+ stolen bases! 

Reds are only 2 games behind the Cubs. The whole division is bunched up, beating each other. 

Cubs win again over the White Sox 7-6. Back to .500.

NL CENTRAL STANDINGS as of June 6th, 12 am:

1. Brewers 36-26

2. Cubs 31-31 (5)

3. Cards 29-31 (6)

4. Pirates 29-32 (6.5)

5. Reds 29-33 (7)

Cubs are now in the 5th spot in the NL. @RollerColt, Cubs at Reds coming up in a huge 4 game series. I will take a 2-2 split and would be happy.

24 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cubs win again over the White Sox 7-6. Back to .500.

NL CENTRAL STANDINGS as of June 6th, 12 am:

1. Brewers 36-26

2. Cubs 31-31 (5)

3. Cards 29-31 (6)

4. Pirates 29-32 (6.5)

5. Reds 29-33 (7)

Cubs are now in the 5th spot in the NL. @RollerColt, Cubs at Reds coming up in a huge 4 game series. I will take a 2-2 split and would be happy.

I think Cubs take the series 3-1. Reds then have two games against the 40 win Guardians followed by the Brewers. Thats a tough couple of weeks of baseball. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RollerColt said:

I think Cubs take the series 3-1. Reds then have two games against the 40 win Guardians followed by the Brewers. Thats a tough couple of weeks of baseball. 

I don't know. I see a 2-2 series. Reds are streaky and although the Cubs may be a tad better, these teams are close to even. Reds have been playing better lately.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't know. I see a 2-2 series. Reds are streaky and although the Cubs may be a tad better, these teams are close to even. Reds have been playing better lately.

Reds are due for a shellacking lol. 

3 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Reds are due for a shellacking lol. 

Reds are right in the mix for the WildCard spots. They have talent, it will be an interesting series. Sometimes the Cubs don't show up and I blame that on Counsell. So far, I am not impressed at all with him. I think we would have the same record with David Ross. 31-31 with the talent we have is underachieving. 

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are taking the Cubs to the ol' woodshed. Cubs need a win today to stop the bleeding.

I’m at the game as we speak. It’s weird. Seeing the Cubs in person you can just tell they are stacked with talent. Really good swings, offensive mechanics are sound with pretty much all the main batters. Pitching is just straight up struggling every few innings but I feel like all pitchers are having a tough go this year. 

5 hours ago, RollerColt said:

Sims is going to blow the lead. Cubs about to tie up lol. Should’ve just walked Swanson he’s red hot today. 

Reds win, up 3-0 in series. I haven't seen the Cubs struggle like this in a long while. Surprising really.

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Reds win, up 3-0 in series. I haven't seen the Cubs struggle like this in a long while. Surprising really.

It is surprising. The manager needs to move the lineup around a bit I think. Right now it feels like for every 1 player who’s hot, there’s 2 slumping right after. 

I saw something flash on my screen that the Mets and Phillies were playing. It was about 11:45 ET. I did not realize they were playing in London. The Phils may sweep them. I turn on ESPN .They are tied in the 9th. Bases loaded, no outs. SCORE A RUN, METS!!!

Lindor strikes out. :facepalm:  Alonso up. Just walk, Pete. Just walk. But these guys love to swing. Pete is about to strike out. Nice to see rally caps. Lol.

Oh no. The pitcher hits Pete. Mets up 5-4. Oh yeah!. The Mets may salvage a win after all. 🫣. Another run scores as I am writing.  6-4 Mets.  Let me turn this off before I jinx them.

Enjoy your Sunday. Can't wait for football!

• Like 2

I turned the TV back on to see if they got the Victory only to see Harper get a hit to load the bases 😱. They may lose this after all. The Phils have the best record in baseball.

6-5 Mets. Only 1 out. Bases loaded for the Phils.

• Like 1

We salvaged 1 and beat the Reds today 4-2, and it was a big one because it keeps us tied for 2nd in the NL Central, check these standings out. All games completed today so as of June 9th:

1. Brewers 38-27 - they lost today!

2. Reds 32-34 (6.5 back)

2. Cubs 32-34 (6.5 back)

2. Cards 31-33 (6.5 back)

5. Pirates 31-34 (7 back)

-What a jam up chuckling homer simpson GIF- all 3, the Reds, Cubs, and Cards are also tied for the Final playoff spot with 32-34 Giants.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We salvaged 1 and beat the Reds today 4-2, and it was a big one because it keeps us tied for 2nd in the NL Central, check these standings out. All games completed today so as of June 9th:

1. Brewers 38-27 - they lost today!

2. Reds 32-34 (6.5 back)

2. Cubs 32-34 (6.5 back)

2. Cards 31-33 (6.5 back)

5. Pirates 31-34 (7 back)

-What a jam up chuckling homer simpson GIF- all 3, the Reds, Cubs, and Cards are also tied for the Final playoff spot with 32-34 Giants.

Reds play Guardians and Brewers next so expect them to fall a bit. 

The Top 5 Teams Yankees, Phillies, Dodgers, Orioles, and Braves are now  down to 4 as the braves are struggling now due to injuries and slumping bats and have fallen off the list, at least for now. This season has been so much parity then I can remember. Most teams are I would classify as average and a few at the top and really no god awful teams. Good for fans of many teams but not so great for the gamblers. 

Yankees and Dodgers among the best and soon will be getting Cole and Scherzer back!!! 

Gil for the Yankees may start the All Star game, win rookie of the year and a Cy Young award too. Judge looked sick for about the first 6 weeks or so and now the last month he looks like the Best to ever play the game.....and doesn't act or say anything wrong. Soto looking like one of the best hitters I can remember. Its like his bat is a magic wand the way he can guide his hits sometimes. Despite the stats, I'm concerned about the Bullpen, including our closer.

Skenes from the Pirates looks like he will be great. And Miller, the A's closer, is totally Awesome. Maybe the Yankees can trade for him? Lol

• Like 1

Cubs blew another lead tonight. Lose 3-2 to the Rays. At this point Counsell is not impressing me at all with his decisions. He is almost a clone of David Ross. Cubs have way too much talent on their team to be 33-36. They should be at least 6 or 7 games above .500 through nearly 70 games.

20 hours ago, RollerColt said:

3 straight losses for the Reds. They have their moments where they play well. But it’s time to be real. They aren’t a playoff team and will never be as long as the Castillinis own them and David Bell is manager. 

De La Cruz is fun, but his career will be wasted on this team. 

I feel for the Reds fans.  

• Thanks 1