Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballards press conference 12:30 Jan 11th

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

There you go. Gus is under contract for 24.

Ballard is defending Gus because they decided to go young in the secondary.

Almost expected it to be struggling unit. Need a VET back there.

Also not drinking Propel, he has RAIN up there today...

Just now, adubb84 said:

Almost expected it to be struggling unit. Need a VET back there.

The struggles from the secondary were never surprising. It's also not my biggest issue with the defense.

• Like 2

Just now, Restinpeacesweetchloe said:

Ballard is going to drop some swear words soon. Lol

This man is a mirror of Shane now lol. More hats being worn, more scruff, more cussing. Now we just need him to be more aggressive on roster on building. Getting closer it sounds like!

• Like 2

Just now, adubb84 said:

This man is a mirror of Shane now lol. More hats being worn, more scruff, more cussing. Now we just need him to be more aggressive on roster on building. Getting closer it sounds like!

I’ve called it all year. When has he had a legit opportunity to hit free agency like we all want? He’s addressed the qb situation every offseason since Luck retired. Last year both qb and head coach. 

talks about the flexibility they have now. Stay tuned. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I’ve called it all year. When has he had a legit opportunity to hit free agency like we all want? He’s addressed the qb situation every offseason since Luck retired. Last year both qb and head coach. 

talks about the flexibility they have now. Stay tuned. 

Yes! I loved how he said we will be aggressive where we need to be to better the team, Previous seasons? Tongue and cheek. This year I feel he means it. Shane will let him know exactly what he needs.

Just now, adubb84 said:

Yes! I loved how he said we will be aggressive where we need to be to better the team, Previous seasons? Tongue and cheek. This year I feel he means it. Shane will let him know exactly what he needs.

He said they have to prudent and it has to be the right fit, etc. 

regarding paying someone big money- “they have to come in and earn it/prove they are worth it.” 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Top 10 Right Tackles by Sack Rate (2023 Season)   1. **Lane Johnson (Philadelphia Eagles)**    - **Sack Rate**: 1.1%   2. **Braden Smith (Indianapolis Colts)**    - **Sack Rate**: 2.5%   3. **Tytus Howard (Houston Texans)**    - **Sack Rate**: 2.6%   4. **Mike McGlinchey (Denver Broncos)**    - **Sack Rate**: 2.7%   5. **Penei Sewell (Detroit Lions)**    - **Sack Rate**: 2.8%   6. **Rob Havenstein (Los Angeles Rams)**    - **Sack Rate**: 2.9%   7. **Jack Conklin (Cleveland Browns)**    - **Sack Rate**: 3.1%   8. **Andrew Wylie (Kansas City Chiefs)**    - **Sack Rate**: 3.2%   9. **Cameron Fleming (Denver Broncos)**    - **Sack Rate**: 3.3%   10. **Isaiah Wynn (New England Patriots)**     - **Sack Rate**: 3.4%   -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Top 20 Right Tackles by Pressure Rate (2023 Season)   1. **Lane Johnson (Philadelphia Eagles)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 2.9%   2. **Penei Sewell (Detroit Lions)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 3.0%   3. **Braden Smith (Indianapolis Colts)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 4.6%   4. **Tytus Howard (Houston Texans)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 4.7%   5. **Mike McGlinchey (Denver Broncos)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 4.9%   6. **Rob Havenstein (Los Angeles Rams)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 5.0%   7. **Jack Conklin (Cleveland Browns)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 5.6%   8. **Andrew Wylie (Kansas City Chiefs)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 5.7%   9. **Cameron Fleming (Denver Broncos)**    - **Pressure Rate**: 5.9%   10. **Isaiah Wynn (New England Patriots)**     - **Pressure Rate**: 6.0%     So if Lane Johnson didn't exist, he'd arguably be the best RT. An argument could be made for Penei too  
    • Taylor is mot coming off a very good year.  In fact,  two sub-par years in a row, because of (A) injury and (B) the 2022 OL was a disaster.   So I don’t have an issue on JT.  And to be clear, I love the kid and I’m glad he’s our RB1. 
    • I call them 2023 Jag hype delusional 
    • this is gonna turn into a ballard thread here soon if we aren't careful, but I don't want to ignore you.    it's not strange to include points that don't necessarily align with my narrative. nor are you required by law to agree with my opinions. Howver, I'm gonna be fair and list out the success he has had, while complaining about his averageness.   i can't just list what I'm complaining about without acknowledging success. and this is gonna turn into an anti - ballard thread pretty soon here if we don't chill.  if you want to know how I feel about it in one sentence.    ballard has only ever had .500 results. including us having a good secondary, only about half the time. 50% is probably his favorite percentage. 
    • So the question is, what are we waiting for. Everyday I expect there to be a signing of either a cb or s. Maybe Ballard is just stubborn like that. I wonder if Steichen might be in his ear about this. I hope.
  • Members

• Dingus McGirt

Dingus McGirt 3,726

• Old Man and the COLTS

Old Man and the COLTS 439

• AKB

AKB 5,370

• TheRadiantAerynSun

TheRadiantAerynSun 6

Rookie
    • CR91

CR91 13,106