Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Does SS move on from Bradley this offseason?

twfish

Does SS move on from Bradley this offseason?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Is Bradley fired after this season?

• Yes
    • No

Bradley needs to go.  No other way around it IMO.

I completely understand that its paramount to generate pressure with our front 4 especially with the secondary the way it is, but to not change/adjust scheme, strategy when things clearly aren't working is absolutely ridiculous.   This is not just an one game overreaction either.  It is a repeated pattern that has cost us this year.  

To not even try to make Heinicke (a QB that no one will never mistake as a pro bowler) uncomfortable was coaching malpractice.  I firmly believe that if Bradley calls a few more aggressive blitzes on some of the handful of 3rd (or 2nd) and long down and distances the Falcons faced, we at worse force more punts or possibly generate a TO from an errant, rushed throw and this is a different game today.  

In general, the reason backup QBs in the NFL are who they are is because in general, they are not as effective against blitzes, etc. Look at Minshew's advanced stats this year against pressure as an example.  However, these guys are all professionals, if you allow them to play pitch and catch and don't do anything to disrupt their rhythm or give tighter windows to throw into, they will succeed.   

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

Yes but someone who can (say) bring heat in the A gaps after another man CB drafted and some good blitzing/coverage LB drafted could still not be used the same by 2 DCs within the same base scheme. I’m not advocating a change to 3-4 whatsoever but more pressure packages with zone blitzes playing 4-2-5 and 3-3-5 fronts from time to time 

The Chiefs had good man CBs drafted but Bob Sutton wasn’t bringing heat and after several years of his D, Andy Reid went with Spags who brought heat to affect pressure with essentially the same personnel and then got more personnel that fit over time.

I understand. 

And I trust Ballard and Steichen to work well together on coaching decisions through evaluation and planning. I definitely think a change is in order. 

Today's performance by the defense was atrocious, but Bradley should not be blamed for the missed tackles and lack of effort.

Not to beat a dead horse, but I was very outspoken on this board, and I took much flack, when I called for Gus to be fired last year, when it was rumored, the new HC would have to agree to keep Bradley and his entire staff. My argument was, should we keep him, after one year, we would probably be right back, where we are today, with the majority of fans calling for him to be fired. So a year is wasted, where a new defensive staff could have been installed, at the same time as the new HC, Offensive and ST coaches.