Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Has Richardson Surpassed Minshew Yet?

Boss7894

1 hour ago, Breeze said:

This is certainly not the place to come to for therapy!  A lot of negative, which you’d expect from opposing fans trolling and hoping AR is not the guy, but not from Colts fans.  Left the game yesterday thrilled with getting the win, happy that we have a backup that can come in seamlessly, and nervous that AR will have a long recovery, missing much needed reps this season.  Should’ve simply dropped when the play wasn’t there instead of taking on 2 defenders, but hopefully that’ll be addressed.  This thread ranges from AR sucks to he’s OK to he’s generational.  For now, we’ll have to trust a well respected coaching staff getting paid to make the decisions on what is best for the franchise.  Good problem to have, a young dynamic QB who is way ahead of the curve (I’d heard he was wildly inaccurate and hadn’t learned the position, needing up to 3 years to make a difference), and a very good backup we can trust to get it done (I’d heard he was never going to be more than a career backup).  The best part is since we’re not quite there yet to battle the elites like SF or KC, and others in the top tier, we’re afforded the opportunity for this team to grow this year while still achieving exciting wins no matter who is behind center.

Most rational post I’ve seen recently. He’s 21 so I’m willing to bet he’ll get better with more reps. Just needs to stay on the field by playing smarter and some better luck. Minshew is safer because of the experience. AR needs experience.