Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL cut downs(31 other teams)

w87r

Bears cut former Raiders 1st round OL Alex Leatherwood.  That's like, 2 teams in 3 years.

Wish I knew what was the matter with him.  Would be interesting to pick him up, a la Tony Mandarich, with no expectations or pressure other than depth, and see what we could make of him.

Unfortunately, picking him up also means we would be on the hook for his remaining rookie contract.  Which, at this point, is similar to JT's.  Um....  Ain't gonna happen.

2 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

Bears cut former Raiders 1st round OL Alex Leatherwood.  That's like, 2 teams in 3 years.

Wish I knew what was the matter with him.  Would be interesting to pick him up, a la Tony Mandarich, with no expectations or pressure other than depth, and see what we could make of him.

Unfortunately, picking him up also means we would be on the hook for his remaining rookie contract.  Which, at this point, is similar to JT's.  Um....  Ain't gonna happen.

Looking at OvertheCap.com, his cap hit this year is around $1.9M and $2.6M next year, but I'm also not great at contract stuff, so I'm not 100% on that. If thats correct, not a bad hit at all.

5 hours ago, VikingsFanInChennai said:

Abram Smith looked okay in limited action, but the release is understandable. Maybe, they are targeting some other RB to be in active roster or PS? 

We should have an additional 20 plus cuts today.

See what the Vikings have done so far. There is a list of everyone on the roster. Every time someone is cut, DN crosses the person's name off the list.

https://www.dailynorseman.com/2023/8/27/23848317/2023-minnesota-vikings-roster-cut-tracker

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chrisaaron1023 said:

Yes, he was in another kicking competition. Poor kid 

Maybe some other team picks him up? Why not your Colts?

Are you a mini-Jets fan now that Rodgers is there? He looks so much happier as a Jet than he ever did as the QB of the Packers.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

Maybe some other team picks him up? Why not your Colts?

Are you a mini-Jets fan now that Rodgers is there? He looks so much happier as a Jet than he ever did as the QB of the Packers.

Actually yes I am, and I'm happy for him. Hopefully the Jets can protect him. They have the defense and the weapons on offense to make something special happen. 

Vikings waived or released:

Jordan Ta'amu, QB

DeWayne McBride, RB

Abram Smith, RB

Aaron Dykes, RB

Blake Proehl, WR

Lucky Jackson, WR

Jacob Copeland, WR

Trishton Jackson, WR

Thayer Thomas, WR

Garett Maag, WR

Ben Sims, TE

Colin Thompson, TE

Josh Sokol, OL

Jack Snyder, OL

Alan Ali, OL

Jarrid Williams, OL

Christian DiLauro, OL

Ross Blacklock, DL

Esezi Otomewo, DL

T.J. Smith, DL

Calvin Avery, DL

Sheldon Day, DL

Luiji Vilain, EDGE

Benton Whitley, EDGE

Wilson Huber, LB

Abraham Beauplan, LB

Troy Reeder, LB

Tanner Vallejo, LB

Jaylin Williams, CB

James Houston, CB

C.J. Coldon, CB

Kalon Barnes, CB

Tay Gowen, CB

Joejuan Williams, CB

Jake Gervase, S

Traded: Vederian Lowe, OL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Why do the Titans need Folk?

5 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

Patriots are trading Nick Folk to Titans for 2025 seventh-round pick

Ha ha.. by the time that pick becomes a player on the field, he may be retired.

See, Patriots are using those last 2 round draft picks more than anyone else to get the players from other teams during this time. 

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai  Many Vikes wanted to retain Tristan Jackson. They said he had a great camp. He was waived instead of Reagor. I think we kept Reagor to trade him.

I see we kept Andre Carter. I expected him to be waived.

I predicted releasing RB McBride though. Surprises to me are LB Vilain and CB Joejuan, looks like this CB really lost what he had in college!

Vikings seem to have lot of DL, and have released few surprise cuts, but not sure how the ones on the roster would do though . Looks like we have lots of average players who may not actually be an impact unless Flores can do magic.

I thought Andre Carter and Ivan Pace were as advertised by the scouts but went undrafted.. it's really cool both of them managed to get into active roster. 

By the way, I compiled this for FF reference during draft, the ranking of top players for fantasy.. can you check if it looks ok, need some one prioritized to the top?

• Like 1

On 8/30/2023 at 10:52 PM, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai I guess KAM thinks we have all the necessary pieces to win.

Darius Rush > Booth

I am glad we did not cut Nick Muse. He had a great camp.

Yeah.. let's see how they look when the real games start. I still think Booth can do better, let's see this year. If Rush is that good, Colts wouldn't have tried to sneak him through waivers but they have had many surprise cuts than I thought.

I thought we should've given chance this year to Reagor, he was at least working his rear off all off-season and did well in preseason. I understand keeping Nailor for special teams but after that I'd have kept Reagor in the depth chart. Vikings, like Colts, are valuing TE position more, and with the contracts given to TJ Hockensen and Oliver, I hope they at least utilize them to the max.

I'm still worried about running game, I think only actual games give us the real story and until then not much use in worrying about that now, just like how defense is gonna do. Lots of unanswered questions for a 13-win team.

Does contract given to tj Hockensen mean that we wouldn't re-sign Kirk? We will need to pay JJ next, so surely there won't be cap space for an elite QB money unless Kirk wants to play like Brady did, the idea which he's shown so far that he'd not be interested to entertain. 

On 8/30/2023 at 10:52 PM, NFLfan said:

@VikingsFanInChennai I guess KAM thinks we have all the necessary pieces to win.

Darius Rush > Booth

I am glad we did not cut Nick Muse. He had a great camp.

Yes, surprised Muse got a place in that TE Room even though he fully deserves it, I just think he'd not be used much in regular season outside special teams this year. Maybe, he can develop his pass protection skills in the meantime.