Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2023 Draft Ranked by Position Group

I’m doing this exercise because two top media outlets (NFL.com and PFF.com) have posted their rankings this week, so we can compare them. 

My interest in this topic goes directly to a view I’ve held for decades and written about since I arrived here in May of 2012. 

And that is this…..   that everyone sees the same thing differently.   They value different qualities and as a result they rank players differently and position groups differently.   In some cases, quite sharply different.  

Enjoy!!

NFL.            PFF. 

1.    CB.              TE.  

2.    TE.              EDGE. 

3.     EDGE.        RB.  

4.     WR.            WR. 

5.     QB.             OT.  

6.     IDL.             CB. 

7.      IOL.             QB.  

8.     OT.               IDL. 

9.     RB.               IOL. 

10.   SAF.             SAF. 

11.    LB.               LB.  

With this comparison, it’s easy to see where the two evaluators agree and disagree.   Also, it should be noted, these are the views of ONE PERSON at each website.   Lance Zierlein at NFL and someone named Sam Monson at PFF.    I believe each is the top evaluator for each site.

On 4/8/2023 at 9:11 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I’m doing this exercise because two top media outlets (NFL.com and PFF.com) have posted their rankings this week, so we can compare them. 

My interest in this topic goes directly to a view I’ve held for decades and written about since I arrived here in May of 2012. 

And that is this…..   that everyone sees the same thing differently.   They value different qualities and as a result they rank players differently and position groups differently.   In some cases, quite sharply different.  

Enjoy!!

NFL.            PFF. 

1.    CB.              TE.  

2.    TE.              EDGE. 

3.     EDGE.        RB.  

4.     WR.            WR. 

5.     QB.             OT.  

6.     IDL.             CB. 

7.      IOL.             QB.  

8.     OT.               IDL. 

9.     RB.               IOL. 

10.   SAF.             SAF. 

11.    LB.               LB.  

With this comparison, it’s easy to see where the two evaluators agree and disagree.   Also, it should be noted, these are the views of ONE PERSON at each website.   Lance Zierlein at NFL and someone named Sam Monson at PFF.    I believe each is the top evaluator for each site.

My personal ranking, if I had to make one and with LIMITED viewing of most positions is the following:

1. CB

2. TE

3. EDGE

4. QB

5. RB

6. OT

7. WR

8. IOL

9. DT

10. SAF

11. LB

On 4/9/2023 at 4:27 AM, stitches said:

My personal ranking, if I had to make one and with LIMITED viewing of most positions is the following:

1. CB

2. TE

3. EDGE

4. QB

5. RB

6. OT

7. WR

8. IOL

9. DT

10. SAF

11. LB

For the most part, I agree with Stitches, except I would swap OT with QB. 

Archived