Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

For Saints sake aka The Louisiana Purchase

Had alot of extra time on my hands and wanted to do a Mock with Sean Payton.

THE TRADE 

Colts 

1st round pick, and a conditional 2024 3rd pick

For

Saints

2nd round pick and Sean Payton 

Why: The Saints get a top 10 pick and a 3rd round pick that turns into a 2nd round pick if we sign any Saints players this or next year 

Why: Colts get a top 10 coach in a weak division. 

TWICE IS NICE TRADE 

Colts

trade both 2nd round picks 

for

Denver

1st, 4th and next year 3rd round pick 

Denver gets 2 picks in top of 2nd and get to kick the can down the road till next year where hopefully they will be better with this influx of talent.

Resign 

EJ Speeds

Austin Dulin 

Tyquan Lewis 

Retire

Matt Ryan (highest paid QB coach in the league)

What a way to start a coaching career under Sean Payton. If he still wants to be apart of this game Ryan can join the likes of Kellen Moore and Frank Reich as former QBs to make the jump to coaching.

Signings

Mack Wilson

Sidney Jones

Cody Ford 

Mock Draft 

1st round pick Jahmyr Gibbs RB Alabama 5'11 200lbs

Sean Payton offenses has been unlocked/unleashed by the likes of Reggie Bush and Alvin Kalmara. The fans of RTDB should rejoice. Drafting Gibbs here makes whatever contract we have for JT work cap wise with a rookie contract in the room.

3rd Marvin Mims WR Oklahoma 5'11 185lbs

Looking for a Kenny Stills or Brandon Cooks type of player to stretch the field. MPJ can do his best Michael Thomas impression while Pierce can feed on the jump balls and back shoulder fades.

4th Spencer Rattler QB South Carolina 6'1 215lbs

Arguably one of the most talented prospects coming out of high school. Arm talent to make every throw and enough mobility he has to be accounted for on scrambles. Similar to Jalen Hurts decision making and processing may have to be developed but Sean Payton could work with this guy talents. 

4th Jarrett Paterson OG/C Notre Dame 6'4 311lbs 

We couldn't ignore the offensive line any longer. This should put some pressure on  Ryan Kelly if he doesn't perform well. 

5th Juluis Brents CB Kansas State 6'4 200lbs

You can never have enough DBs

7th Andrew Szmyt K Syracuse 6'1 192lbs

We finally pick a Kicker in hopes to resolve the issue we have faced these past few years. 

Training camp we get to have the Red River Showdown between Sam Ehlinger and Spencer Rattler.

Our offense looks better

QB Nick Foles, Spencer Rattler 

RB JT, Jahmyr Gibbs and Deon Jackson

WR MPJ, Pierce, Mims, Dulin 

TE: Mo, Granson, Woods and Ogletree

So I guess if we ended up with something like this would it be worth it to trade for Sean Payton?

6 hours ago, BProland85 said:

We need our top 10 pick and can still land a good HC if the search is done properly. Gotta come out with a top 3 QB or top defensive prospect like Jalen Carter or Will Anderson. 

Definitely agree

4 coaches I have my eye on is

Raheem Morris- This guy experience coaching both offense and defense is a plus. He has been apart of a few coaching staffs (ATL, McVay, Kyle Shannon.) Which means he can tap into different approaches and has a vast pool of ppl to choose from to fill his staff.

Mike Lafleur- what he is doing with the Jets is phenomenal if you think about it. He has essentially won games and made impact plays in spite of his QB and injuries on the offensive line. Amazing right.

Mike Kafka- he has worked with Mahomes and worked under the guy who help Josh Allen improve. He isn't afraid to RTDB and could tap alot of ppl to fill his staff.

Demarco Ryan- number 1 his in game adjustments are second to none. There isn't anything wrong with leaning into your strength. I think he could help draw players to Indy. You look at how guys perform/ develop for him or in his system reminds me of the old Ravens (frequently having top performers who leave for a pay check and the next man up perform just as well).

Just did this exercise to kind of think through what a trade for Sean Payton might look like 

Archived