Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Pierce making strides

compuls1v3

19 hours ago, Nickster said:

I would be surprised if he was good right away.  Until about 3 years ago, almost no one was at the WR positions.  There have been a good amount since then, but Pierce doesn't seem like the type of athlete from the type of school that would produce one of these instant stars.

Whether or not he develops I have no real feeling about.  Lots of athletes don't end up panning out at that position and some you wouldn't have thought would do.  Closer to drafting QBs and baseball players.  Lots of unknowns no matter the measurables. 

I DO think he's going to get his chances in this offense though. 

Well he’s going to get at least 4 years to show what he can do. I think he can immediately be an occasional deep threat. 

I am curious to see how they handle WR snaps early. At this point, Pitt is WR1 and PC is the slot WR (Dulin as backup). That leaves the other WR position open in 3-WR sets. And I am not sure why it wouldn’t be an open competition between Pierce/Patmon/Strachan at this point. Pierce has the draft capital, which typically wins out, but Patmon and Strachan technically have more than experience. 

3 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Well he’s going to get at least 4 years to show what he can do. I think he can immediately be an occasional deep threat. 

I am curious to see how they handle WR snaps early. At this point, Pitt is WR1 and PC is the slot WR (Dulin as backup). That leaves the other WR position open in 3-WR sets. And I am not sure why it wouldn’t be an open competition between Pierce/Patmon/Strachan at this point. Pierce has the draft capital, which typically wins out, but Patmon and Strachan technically have more than experience. 

In the past the team seems to really value run blocking at the WR positions.  Anyone heard much about run blocking of these players?  Pierce looks like he has a pretty good body for that skill.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• The Brady cheat factor is factored in somewhat, but he was only accused of cheating once. In 2014 = DeflateGate. I think he probably did cheat that season and have said so many times. I think he knew and had the balls deflated. Having said that, he still won SB's in 2016, 2018, and 2020. He won in 2020 without Belichick on a different team. There is no evidence he cheated in any of those years.   The difference between me and most is, I put my hatred Baises aside when I do lists. I want people take my lists serious. Peyton is my favorite player of all-time and I hated Tom but going by all measures, Tom was just better and it pains me to say it. I factor in everything. = Stats, Win shares, League MVP's, SB MVP's, Talent of a QB, Clutch factor, SB wins, overall wins, longevity, and eye test. Peyton only has Tom beat in 2 categories = He more talented, and he won 5 League MVP's to Tom's 2. I do think League MVP is a very important factor because it is an individual award, so that alone puts Peyton in the top 3. Winning that 2nd SB was big for his legacy too.
    • I think I'm still trying to adjust my brain to having taken a player I didn't too much homework on at a position I didn't think we'd pick. So it's a "me thing" currently... I respect him going BPA. And trading back and still getting AD was an absolute masterclass.  Who do you guys think we were trying to trade up for, Odunze or Bowers?
    • It was at the end of the game where the Pacers got robbed. Knicks clearly set a much more physical screen prior to Myles' screen, and it wasn't called. The kick ball was the major call, that call isn't reviewable by NBA rules and for some reason they reviewed it anyway. That gave the Knicks the ball and they went down and made to go ahead 3. Then that offensive foul screen call on Myles was the weakest call i have seen all playoffs. He barely grazed him. Pacers down 1 with 8 seconds to go and they call that?? Yes we got robbed, REFS even apologized the next day and say they got the kick ball call wrong. Almost everyone in the media wants NY to win but they even admit we got robbed.    Not really sure what you were watching but the last 2 minutes of the game was horrendously Ref'd. Haliburton didn't play well but the Reffing at the end almost made it looked rigged. 
    • Anyone want to put odds on if colts play in Houston game one. lol 
    • Agreed   Need health at QB and DBs.   This team could be scary
  • Members

• KB

KB 1,149

• jvan1973

jvan1973 10,912

• cdgacoltsfan

cdgacoltsfan 4,263

• bellevuecolt

bellevuecolt 0

Rookie