Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Poll: 2022 RB Passing Yards Distribution

EastStreet

Poll: RB Passing Yards Distribution   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Out of a total (average) of 60 receiving yards per game, how many will Taylor have? Note he averaged 21.2 last season, leading all RBs (5th on team regardless of position).

2. 2. Out of a total (average) of 60 receiving yards per game, how many will Hines have? Note he averaged 18.2 last season, 2nd for RBs (7th on team regardless of position).

3. 3. Out of a total (average) of 60 receiving yards per game, how many will Lindsay have? Note he averaged roughly 10 yards per game the last two years for Miami and Houston.

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/30/2022 at 09:07 AM

• EastStreet changed the title to Poll: 2022 RB Passing Yards Distribution

I see Taylors overall numbers dipping this year.... partly because it is difficult to replicate what he did last season, and partly because we are (hopefully) going to be a more balanced offense this year.

Hines was inexplicably ignored last season, despite having just signed a new deal. He will be used this season and it is being shown in TC. He is being used as a true hybrid player getting snaps at WR and RB, I think he will thrive with Matt Ryan. Taylor is still unequivocally the #1 RB, but i just see him dipping down in production (which is probably a good thing really, we dont want to run him into the ground). He will still get his carries, just not pushing 25-30 a game! 

I see Hines being a 500 yards rushing and 700 yards receiving type of threat for us this year. Puts him squarely at about 30 ish yards per game rushing and 40 ish yards receiving. 

14 hours ago, Chucklez said:

I see Taylors overall numbers dipping this year.... partly because it is difficult to replicate what he did last season, and partly because we are (hopefully) going to be a more balanced offense this year.

Hines was inexplicably ignored last season, despite having just signed a new deal. He will be used this season and it is being shown in TC. He is being used as a true hybrid player getting snaps at WR and RB, I think he will thrive with Matt Ryan. Taylor is still unequivocally the #1 RB, but i just see him dipping down in production (which is probably a good thing really, we dont want to run him into the ground). He will still get his carries, just not pushing 25-30 a game! 

I see Hines being a 500 yards rushing and 700 yards receiving type of threat for us this year. Puts him squarely at about 30 ish yards per game rushing and 40 ish yards receiving. 

Hines had more targets though last season. So while I agree he should have been used more, he got more opportunity than JT in the passing game.

They ended up with the same amount of catches at the end of the day.

Pitt just did more with the same amount of catches. Much better YAC IIRC.

I voted:

• Taylor - 25
  • Hines - 35
  • Lindsay - 0

It might seem high but Taylor has averaged 20 for his career and Hines averaged 30 with Rivers a couple years ago. I think both will be more productive in the passing game this year with Ryan at QB. 

Outside of injuries I don't think Lindsay gets many snaps and if he does it will be to run out the clock. It sounds nice to have a 3rd back and say you are going to lighten the load off your #1 but it rarely works out that way. So I voted 0 for him. 

43 minutes ago, aReggie7 said:

I voted:

• Taylor - 25
  • Hines - 35
  • Lindsay - 0

It might seem high but Taylor has averaged 20 for his career and Hines averaged 30 with Rivers a couple years ago. I think both will be more productive in the passing game this year with Ryan at QB. 

Outside of injuries I don't think Lindsay gets many snaps and if he does it will be to run out the clock. It sounds nice to have a 3rd back and say you are going to lighten the load off your #1 but it rarely works out that way. So I voted 0 for him. 

A few things to consider. That was JT's rook season so focus was on him at RB.

Hines was a more pronounced focus in the passng game.

Still, JT had better yards per target, and about 30% better YAC/R. 

Having both options is a great problem to have!!

I hope Lindsay is a lot late in games (meaning we're up comfortably) and keeps some mileage off JT. I don't see him being big in the passing game though, but he is not bad at all in that aspect. 

Archived