Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will the Colts win the AFC South?

2006Coltsbestever

Will the Colts win the AFC South?  

98 members have voted

1. 1. Will the Colts win the AFC South?

14 minutes ago, chickenMan said:

Going off of my original comment that started all this, I said I think if we win the South it will be more because the Titans have regressed behind us rather than us progressing ahead of them, and I still stand by that point. That was really an indictment of the Titans more than anything, because they put themselves in cap Hell and have lost a lot of solid players because of it. We will certainly be better this next year, I just think that the Titans being worse will be a bigger factor.

Also, “Do it for Her” is still one of the most heartwarming things I’ve ever seen from any television show, much less an animated comedy. Amazing episode.

Yeah I rank 'Do it for her' #1 in the Simpsons shows. As dumb as he  comes off, he is actually smart and has a big heart. When he sabotage Johnny Rainbow for Lisa is probably #2. His famous line is "not even death will stop me". I do think Tennessee will regress and we will improve slightly is why I think we can win the South.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, chickenMan said:

I’m just being realistic and giving my honest opinion, you don’t have to be a jerk about it.

Really? I guess we have different opinions about what being a jerk is. I didn't call you a name, say you were wrong, or anything of the sort. I am quite careful to not do such things. Perhaps you feel that anyone who responds to your "opinion" in a way that does not agree with you, is being a jerk. My apologies.

I was being realistic. I was both impressed and amazed that a fan went beyond the normal "now" negativity, and stated that even if we do well in comparison to a rival team by seasons end, it will be because they were not as good, rather than us getting better.

I'll use the ignore feature so as to not make this mistake again. 

7 minutes ago, Four2itus said:

Really? I guess we have different opinions about what being a jerk is. I didn't call you a name, say you were wrong, or anything of the sort. I am quite careful to not do such things. Perhaps you feel that anyone who responds to your "opinion" in a way that does not agree with you, is being a jerk. My apologies.

I was being realistic. I was both impressed and amazed that a fan went beyond the normal "now" negativity, and stated that even if we do well in comparison to a rival team by seasons end, it will be because they were not as good, rather than us getting better.

I'll use the ignore feature so as to not make this mistake again. 

I have never used the ignore feature, people can come at me all day. This is the why the site is, everyone has different opinions. I am ok with it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2022 at 9:15 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have never used the ignore feature, people can come at me all day. This is the why the site is, everyone has different opinions. I am ok with it.

I don’t care if people have different opinions, I just feel like it’s not productive to be rude and condescending to people just because you disagree with them. But oh well, some people are just like that. 

On 4/7/2022 at 7:28 PM, chickenMan said:

Going off of my original comment that started all this, I said I think if we win the South it will be more because the Titans have regressed behind us rather than us progressing ahead of them, and I still stand by that point. That was really an indictment of the Titans more than anything, because they put themselves in cap Hell and have lost a lot of solid players because of it. We will certainly be better this next year, I just think that the Titans being worse will be a bigger factor.

Also, “Do it for Her” is still one of the most heartwarming things I’ve ever seen from any television show, much less an animated comedy. Amazing episode.

Who have they lost?  I am looking now around the only guy of substance was a G.  Jones missed most of the year and they got Woods.  I think that is an upgrade.  They also got a TE from the Browns.  So who did they lose to cause regression?  I must have missed somebody.  

We have a stable QB who is at the end of his career.  He is on par with Rivers.  We did not beat them with Rivers so I don't think Ryan puts us over the mark and I think our WR room is BARE.  

Maybe I am missing something but I sure hope we win but nothing right now tells me there has been any net movement.  They have a first rounder and we dont.  We don't have a LT.  They do.  Again someone tell me what I am missing?  

IMO the Titans way overperformed last year. I dont think Tannehill can get it done, and King Henry is a year older coming off a broken foot. They are very beatable, but * Vrabel is a great coach so you never know. 

Texans are a dumpster fire. 

Jags could be a wildcard but coming off last season and their drama, I dont see them winning more than 5-6 games as their ceiling. 

I'm very worried about our OL and CB depth. Ryan could take a step backwards. It's very doable though. 

21 hours ago, Never_Quit said:

IMO the Titans way overperformed last year. I dont think Tannehill can get it done, and King Henry is a year older coming off a broken foot. They are very beatable, but * Vrabel is a great coach so you never know. 

Texans are a dumpster fire. 

Jags could be a wildcard but coming off last season and their drama, I dont see them winning more than 5-6 games as their ceiling. 

I'm very worried about our OL and CB depth. Ryan could take a step backwards. It's very doable though. 

I'd say they way underperformed.  They had no Henry for 9 games.  People forget when he and JT were both healthy Henry was crushing him by 300 yds for the lead.  He was on a pace for 2K again.  TN also missed their starting WR for a lot of the year.  We played them without JJ and Brown for almost a whole game and still could not beat them.  They had the most injured team in the league in 2021 by a wide margin.  Tannehill played like * last year, and I doubt he does it again.  He did not play elite like he did the two years before it.  They were missing their first round CB all year and they found gold in Fulton, Hooker, and Molden with Farley down. Fulton missed most of his rookie year and he came in last year and played like a number one CB.   I think Farley would be the best CB in this draft if he was coming out this year.  Byard has killed us and pairing him with Hooker gives them a great back end.  

They did lose their TE coverage guy.  Forget his name so that is good for Cox.   

At the end of the season they had the best DL in football and that DL is gonna be a lot better this year with Dupree a full year after the ACL and they get Weaver back who broke his leg against us in Nashville.  Simmons is a killer and he is the only guy that makes our stud OL G look human.  I think TN defense is going to be awfully good in 2022.  

I think most of their questions are on offense with their OL and QB.  If they draft an OL in one I think they are going to be a tough out for anyone in the AFC in the South or any other division.  Defense wins in this league and they are loaded on D.  I am hoping TN does not draft the Utah LB or another DL to put in that rotation.  I was hoping they'd let Landry walk but they paid him.  If they draft another DL they will be even tougher out.  People forget they made Burrow look rather ordinary in that playoff game.  Cincy did not light them up.  Tannehill gave the game to Cin.    I doubt TN has another year of injuries like they had last year.  

Henry is in his prime at 28 years old.  I watch some of his recent videos and he has no problems with that foot now.  Tannehill is decent QB.  He is not a stud but he is not a turd either.  I think their new WR Woods return from the ACL offers us some hope that their pass game might be easier to slow.  Brown has always harmed us.  Until we stop Henry we won't beat TN.  

Henry has had good games against us.  TN defense is built to stop JT.  They were awesome against the run in 2021 and they won't be soft this year.  If I was Reich I would run JT 30 times against TN.  I think good chance he breaks a few monsters.  

If the Colts had more draft capital to fix the secondary, WR, and LT I'd feel better about things.  We need Ballard to hammer this draft well to compete with them.  We need starters not back ups to win the South in 2022.  No homer in me in this post.  I am calling it like I see it.  I love that we dumped Wentz fast.  But we have a lot of holes in this roster and we need Ballard to find us some players to fill said holes.    

Archived