Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Question for the Old Timers... Is Colts QB history repeating itself?

Indeee

Yea, I know, truth is Jim Irsay has done an excellent job. If his dad were still the running the team(hypothetically of course) we would still be like the lions, jets, chargers, browns, it would just be a % show. Jim Irsay was already turning the corner in the mid nineties when Peyton fell into our laps. But odd things always seem to happen in the nfl that can't be explained when the majority of the teams end up getting screwed in favor of a legendary iconic team. It is what it is. History does always seem to repeat itself.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not really Colts History, its NFL History. Teams don't always get luck like the transition from Favre to Rodgers, or Manning to Luck, or Montana to Young, Bledsoe to Brady (accidental).....

Usually what happens is a team goes from a good/great/franchise QB into a period of middle of the road success because the fan base demands continued success and teams sign middling free agents to appease the fans and keep some modicum of success to also keep their jobs. Once the team stays in that QB purgatory long enough the leadership is fired and the new folks come in and draft the next best thing and voila - they are successful and stay or they fail to hit n their chosen QB and get fired........wash, rinse, repeat

That is the cycle of the NFL.......

4 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

Of course Ballard didn't want Cooper for $20M so there is nothing to make up for. 
 I have a perception of A Robinsons mental makeup, a toughness that makes me want him too. So i am x my fingers he would even come here. lol

2006, safe to say you word some things that can get under my skin enough i just can't stop myself from combating with you. I really appreciate that you remain a gentleman and keep it to just holding up to your pov. 
 I'm here to enjoy being a Colts fan, to enjoy (as much is possible) intelligent pov's, and for a considerable amount of good laughs. Lots of good comeditic talent here!!! 
 Here is to hoping for a good all-around shopping experience for our COLTS!
Good Luck CB!

In the end we are both Colts fans. There are a lot of people that disagree with me in here on several takes. A lot of my takes are sarcastic with Gif's, like Homer and other Gif's. I try to keep it civil in here as much as I can. Thanks for the kind words. I like chatting with you as well, you seem real knowledgeable.

On 3/10/2022 at 6:33 AM, AwesomeAustin said:

It happens to most teams that have elite QBs

49rs have been irrelevant since Montana and Young

Denver after Elway took PM to get them back

Dolphins haven’t found the guy since Marino

Bengals did nothing since Boomer until this year

Bucs searched for 20yrs until Brady and probably will be in for another long stretch

Rams needed 20 years to get back to contending 

Redskins were a powerhouse in the 90s and have done nothing since

Its just the way it goes until you find the right QB and surround him with a good to great roster. Look at the Falcons, they have had Matt Ryan and made a SB and honestly cant tell you mich about any of their other years. Contending is extremely hard so buckle up folks...we are in for a long ride.  We will eventually reach our destination but it may take 2yrs or it could be 20.  We will always have 2006 tho!!

And for teams that have never had an elite QB?  Well - what can you say.

It is what it is.  It could take 1 year or it could take 20 years to find the next franchise guy that can lead this team to a Super Bowl.  But until the NFL changes radically - you need an elite QB.

20 hours ago, jimmy g said:

This past year, With Wentz not doing anything differently, but having our defense not collapse like it did, we’d have been about 11-6.

Doesn't faze me....he still makes rookie-type mistakes.  We could go undefeated into the playoffs, and he'll make the dumb-dumb move that loses the game

Archived