Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Single season records

Lucky Colts Fan

I think Jonathan Taylor is going to break multiple NFL single-season records in his career.  He is already breaking multiple Colts franchise single-season records in only his 2nd year.

The now 17-game schedule is going to lead to quite a few broken single-season records in the NFL.  If Cooper Kupp gets 12 catches and 136 yds tomorrow, he will break both single-season records for receptions and yds.  If TJ Watt gets 2 sacks tomorrow, he will break the single-season record for sacks.  Even Trevon Diggs has an outside chance to break the single-season INT record tonight, and I NEVER thought anyone would even come close to that ever again.

There will be multiple new single-season records over the coming years, and I think JT is going to own a handful of those records.

1228758458-850x560.jpeg

I think all the records need to be categorized properly under how many games they were done in. I know it will never happen but I dont think its fair that everybody's records in a 14 game season got smashed since the 16 game season came into play, now many records of the 16 game season will be beat with an extra game added. 

9 minutes ago, IndyEric07 said:

The single season sack record is already flawed since they didnt start recording it  until a few decades ago! Didnt Mean Joe Green or someone like that say they demolished the 22 sack record?

Deacon Jones unofficially had 22 in two separate seasons. Joe Greene and a guy name Coy Bacon had 26 sack seasons. Quite a few others had 20-21. This was all in 14 games as well, before sacks were recorded. Also Olinemen were a lot smaller back then. So many variables lol.

37 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

With the regular season increases from 14 to 16 to 17 games, the seasonal yards per-game records become more meaningful in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Nesjan3 said:

I think all the records need to be categorized properly under how many games they were done in

1 minute ago, AwesomeAustin said:

Doesn’t really matter.  All these records will be broken when they go to 18 games in a few years. 

The record books are going to eventually have to be color-coded or have a key with different asterisks and symbols by each record :lol:

The volume stats really speak to a players durability and longevity, while per-game stats really speak to a players talent and ability.

If JT, who is arguably one of the most talented all-purpose RBs in the league, stays healthy and has a long career... he's going to rewrite the record books all across the board.  Volume stats, per-game stats, career stats.  This might be the beginning of something very very special in Indy.  (like :goat: level special)  :goodluck:

Archived