Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2021 Jets at Colts: Jets PFF, Poll, and misc....

EastStreet

2021 Jets at Colts: Jets PFF, Poll, and misc....   

22 members have voted

1. 1. What will the outcome be?

• Colts by 21 or more
    • Colts by 14-20
    • Colts by 7-13
    • Colts by 1-6
    • Jets by 1-6
    • Jets by 7-13
    • Jets by 14-20
    • Jets by 21 or more
  2. 2. Who will have more passing yards?

3. 3. Will we run it more than 40% of the time (we were a little under 24% last week)

• Yes, more than 40%
    • No, under 40% again
  4. 4. Who will get the most sacks of those listed below

• Paye
    • AQM
    • Defo
    • Stewart
    • Dayo
    • Turay
    • Rochell
    • LDE Franklin-Myers
    • DT Rankins
    • DT Williams
    • RDE Shaq Lawson
  5. 5. Who will lead us in receiving yards?

• Pittman
    • Pascal
    • Dulin
    • Patmon (activated today)
    • Strachan
    • Mo
    • Doyle
    • Granson
    • Taylor
    • Hines
  6. 6. Will JT get more than 16 carries?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/05/2021 at 12:20 AM

With the short week, and some obvious things, not going to list all the matchup stats.....

I'll just say

• NYJs have one of the worst Os in the league. 
    • THE worst running O
    • Mediocre passing game, but Wilson won't even be playing.... 
    • Pretty decent OL though... another lackluster game from our DL?
  • NYJs have one of the worst Ds in the league
    • 3rd worst in PPG allowed.
    • Bottom 10 pass D, mediocre run D.
    • A few nice pieces (LDE, DT, NB), but the rest are mediocre to poor. 
  • I have no prediction. We should obviously blow them out. But I have zero feel for what the game plan might be anymore. I know what it should be.... 

• Offense
    • I/QB Wilson 59.5
      • -QB White 59.5
    • RB Carter 68.2
      • -I/RB Coleman 59.4
      • -RB Johnson 63.6
      • -RB Perine 52.4
    • I/WR Davis 68.3
      • -WR Cole 65.2
      • -WR Smith 64.8
    • WR Crowder 67.8
      • -WR Mims 60.5
    • WR Moore 55.8
      • -WR Berrios 59.7
    • TE Griffin 46.6
      • -TE Kroft 55.2
    • I/LT Fant 73.4 (0 sacks allowed)
      • -LT Edoga 67.1
    • LG Vera-Tucker 76.0 (1)
    • C McGovern 74.5 (1)
    • RG Van Roten 64.5 (3)
    • RT Moses 70.9 (2)
  • Base 4-3
    • LDE Franklin-Myers 72.4 (3)
      • -RDE Lawson 57.1
    • LDT Fatukasi 72.3
      • -LDT Rankins 49.6 (2)
    • RDT Williams 58.8 (5)
      • -RDT Shepherd 33.0
    • RDE Huff 61.3 (4)
      • -LDE Ward 76.5
    • WLB Phillips 56.8
      • -LB Dawkins 68.2
    • MLB Mosley 40.1
    • SLB Davis 42.3
      • -SLB Williams 42.3
    • LCB Echols 51.2
    • RCB Hall 68.1
    • NB Carter 73.1
      • -CB Guidry 64.7
    • SS Davis 41.2
    • FS Maye 62.2
      • -DB Neasman 55.6

My personal thoughts on the game....

• What a win means
    • not much. Jets are really bad on both sides of the ball and are without their starting QB and one of their best WRs.
    • It does act like mouth wash though.... Need to get the bad taste out of mouths.
    • Can't wait for the sunshine flame throwers to praise things if we win... We should expect every normal starter to play well against these guys, and we should expect a very balanced or even conservative effort/game-plan on both sides of the ball. No need to get cute. That doesn't mean run it every play, or play prevent D all game. Just no need to get cute.
  • What a loss means
    • Primetime game in LOS, vs one of the worst teams of the last ten years, and one of the worst Os and Ds in the current year... Not sure what that would exactly mean, but it would be a huge embarrassment.
    • And they're aren't really any excuses.
      • Our O should should dominate them on the ground, and in the air. If one isn't working, just make the adjustment and do the other.... 
      • Our D should easily dominate a backup QB, and easily dominate an already league worst running game
      • Even with injuries, we simply outclass them, and we're at home.
    • I think a loss like tonight would push Jim into eruption territory, and I'm not talking about turning up Eddie...

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

My personal thoughts on the game....

• What a win means
    • not much. Jets are really bad on both sides of the ball and are without their starting QB and one of their best WRs.
    • It does act like mouth wash though.... Need to get the bad taste out of mouths.
    • Can't wait for the sunshine flame throwers to praise things if we win... We should expect every normal starter to play well against these guys, and we should expect a very balanced or even conservative effort/game-plan on both sides of the ball. No need to get cute. That doesn't mean run it every play, or play prevent D all game. Just no need to get cute.
  • What a loss means
    • Primetime game in LOS, vs one of the worst teams of the last ten years, and one of the worst Os and Ds in the current year... Not sure what that would exactly mean, but it would be a huge embarrassment.
    • And they're aren't really any excuses.
      • Our O should should dominate them on the ground, and in the air. If one isn't working, just make the adjustment and do the other.... 
      • Our D should easily dominate a backup QB, and easily dominate an already league worst running game
      • Even with injuries, we simply outclass them, and we're at home.
    • I think a loss like tonight would push Jim into eruption territory, and I'm not talking about turning up Eddie...

The music is great!

I wrote on the game thread that Jets fans seem very confident. I am pretty confident that the Colts will win. A win is better than a loss, no matter what. Win!!

28 minutes ago, NFLfan said:

The music is great!

I wrote on the game thread that Jets fans seem very confident. I am pretty confident that the Colts will win. A win is better than a loss, no matter what. Win!!

Love VH! 

I wonder if Jim has one of Eddie's guitars. I know he has over 200. 

I'll take a win however it comes. A loss of any kind tonight would likely make me step back from all things Colts this year lol... I might go on a week long rant, then retire for the season until the draft. Not saying I wouldn't watch anymore, just not care near as much.

And yes, JUST WIN!!

Really depends on the narrative you create for this game. The NYJ are not a good team at all, but they can obviously play competitive football against teams not named NE.

I really don't see any way the Colts lose this game, short of brutal TOs. They have lots of motivation after last week. But you also have the NYJ relishing the idea of playing spoiler yet again. As a matter of fact, a win tonight ties them with Indy (the team that is supposed to beat them by 10+ points). And they have a backup QB who is finally getting his chance to show what he can do. They are playing with house money in a way. 

1. Colts 1-6. I say 27-24 is the final score. Game hits the over on a late TD by the NYJ, but they never get the ball back.

2. Mike White will throw 35+ passes. Wentz will be closer to 25-30. I think the yards will go to White, but not be much. 

3. Yes. I would say this game might actually have the run at 50%+.

4. A few will be tied with 1 sack. But I am going to predict Defo's run of meaningless sacks with less than :20 to go in the 4Q will end this game. If he gets one, it will be earlier in the game. 

5. Something tells me this will be a Pascal or Hines game. The NYJ have done fairly well limiting other team's "WR1" (DJ Moore, Sutton, Meyers, Chase). I think Pitt will see extra attention this game and Wentz will practice his reads more and will find Pascal open or open dumpoffs to Hines. Plus, they have to do something with Hines.

6. JT will get more than 16 carries, but I don't think it's going to be a 25+ carry type of game.

I'm just hoping for a stress free easy game, but NYJ always seem to give us fits. 

Play a boring clock controlling game with the occasional shot down field.

Just don't lose this one please. Morale of the fans will totally bottom out. 

14 minutes ago, shasta519 said:

Really depends on the narrative you create for this game. The NYJ are not a good team at all, but they can obviously play competitive football against teams not named NE.

I really don't see any way the Colts lose this game, short of brutal TOs. They have lots of motivation after last week. But you also have the NYJ relishing the idea of playing spoiler yet again. As a matter of fact, a win tonight ties them with Indy (the team that is supposed to beat them by 10+ points). And they have a backup QB who is finally getting his chance to show what he can do. They are playing with house money in a way. 

1. Colts 1-6. I say 27-24 is the final score. Game hits the over on a late TD by the NYJ, but they never get the ball back.

2. Mike White will throw 35+ passes. Wentz will be closer to 25-30. I think the yards will go to White, but not be much. 

3. Yes. I would say this game might actually have the run at 50%+.

4. A few will be tied with 1 sack. But I am going to predict Defo's run of meaningless sacks with less than :20 to go in the 4Q will end this game. If he gets one, it will be earlier in the game. 

5. Something tells me this will be a Pascal or Hines game. The NYJ have done fairly well limiting other team's "WR1" (DJ Moore, Sutton, Meyers, Chase). I think Pitt will see extra attention this game and Wentz will practice his reads more and will find Pascal open or open dumpoffs to Hines. Plus, they have to do something with Hines.

6. JT will get more than 16 carries, but I don't think it's going to be a 25+ carry type of game.

lol.. I almost made the same exact comment about Defo... 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

Love VH! 

I wonder if Jim has one of Eddie's guitars. I know he has over 200. 

I'll take a win however it comes. A loss of any kind tonight would likely make me step back from all things Colts this year lol... I might go on a week long rant, then retire for the season until the draft. Not saying I wouldn't watch anymore, just not care near as much.

And yes, JUST WIN!!

Yeah if we lose this game it would be hard to stomach homer simpson exam GIF

Archived