Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Stop Coach to Helmet Communication

Mighty Blue

Ok, Ok, this will make a lot of fans cry foul for the home team. And yes, the companies making the comm systems

won’t like this idea, either.

If spys like us or, that other team can steal signals then let’s try and do the same. The college boys use creative signals for their next plays. Speaking about college football,  

if there is a catch made and they fall without contact, let them get back up and run…I’m just sayin’.

So, back to the NFL, let’s make it more challenging by stopping this helmet comm for next year. If not, how about stopping it during the playoffs and the Super Bowl?

You are probably thinking, is this guy serious or whacko?!

The answer is Yes!

But when our QB can’t hear comm from coach(when in Seattle and count on it when we take on the team here in Arizona because of their thunderous noise they make) start practicing signal calling now!

I do like to change things up:gym::rock:

Personally I think the comms into the helmet are one step too far anyway. 

If we are going to to that then every player should have that.  And they should all have microphones too so they can communicate to each other on the field.  And noise cancelling headsets installed in their helmets so crowd noise doesn't matter.  That way fans can just sit there, keep their mouths shut, and watch the game like good fans!

But seriously - I would get rid of the comms onto the field.  

On 10/8/2021 at 7:47 AM, gspdx said:

Personally I think the comms into the helmet are one step too far anyway. 

If we are going to to that then every player should have that.  And they should all have microphones too so they can communicate to each other on the field.  And noise cancelling headsets installed in their helmets so crowd noise doesn't matter.  That way fans can just sit there, keep their mouths shut, and watch the game like good fans!

But seriously - I would get rid of the comms onto the field.  

There is a better chance of that happening, than getting rid of the comm. systems altogether. Reminds me of a 30 for 30 or something about a bills game that was played in an electric black out. No comms, no cameras, no announcers or stadium speaker systems. No play clock or scoreboard. That would have been a sight to see for sure! 

On 10/10/2021 at 12:03 AM, life long said:

Reminds me of a 30 for 30 or something about a bills game that was played in an electric black out. No comms, no cameras, no announcers or stadium speaker systems. No play clock or scoreboard. That would have been a sight to see for sure! 

That is fascinating.  I have to see that 30mfor 30.  I just read an article on it and you can’t make these things up but the game was against the chargers.  

Archived