Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tevi out for the season

CR91

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, holeymoley99 said:

I'm more a wait and see on Davenport

T Julie’n Davenport finished last season with an overall grade of 54.9, 73rd out of 80 qualifying tackles Davenport’s 16 penalties and 68 total pressures allowed were the most for any tackle

I should have prefaced that statement with, "Should he continue to progress".

So am I bias or uneducated on other teams? I follow all teams quite closely and is it just me or have the Colts had the worst training camp and preseason for injuries and Covid? At this rate and especially with first 5 games (juggernaut slate), things are feeling bleak. Seems Colts get pieces they need (minus Wentz because he's an unknown factor specifically as Colt) to make a run and comes crashing down. Guess remains to be seen?

23 hours ago, shasta519 said:

Not really an unfair point. AC missed 5 games in 2018 and was already past age 30.

Since the 2019 draft, Colts have had (8) Day 2 picks (with six 2nd round picks) and none have gone to LT. 

Okay what do you give up:  

Kwitty or Dayo?  Then people would be saying the samething just about the pass rush.

Buckner, Pittman, Taylor, Blackmon the year before?  All of them filled a major area of need and have played large roles since being here

The one draft you could argue they should have maybe gone a different direction in was the 2019 draft but at that draft AC wasn’t talking about retiring and the line was considered the strongest part of the roster.  He would have had to be able to see the future and pass on other pressing needs that people would have complained about them passing on and said the Colts don’t need a tackle now they need a CB, WR, and end now and they would have been right.

it’s easy to play 20/20 hindsight if you don’t account for why Ballard did what he did.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Okay what do you give up:  

Kwitty or Dayo?  Then people would be saying the samething just about the pass rush.

Buckner, Pittman, Taylor, Blackmon the year before?  All of them filled a major area of need and have played large roles since being here

The one draft you could argue they should have maybe gone a different direction in was the 2019 draft but at that draft AC wasn’t talking about retiring and the line was considered the strongest part of the roster.  He would have had to be able to see the future and pass on other pressing needs that people would have complained about them passing on and said the Colts don’t need a tackle now they need a CB, WR, and end now and they would have been right.

it’s easy to play 20/20 hindsight if you don’t account for why Ballard did what he did.

Clap Reaction GIF

Archived