Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Enjoy I'm making an 11 hour trip myself  in November  to get to a colts game.
    • Details from OTC: https://overthecap.com/player/adonai-mitchell/11660   Four years, $7,386,086 total value, $4,817,431 fully guaranteed at signing (65.2%, no info about offsets) Signing bonus, $2,191,700 (prorated to $547,925/year) Salaries for 2024 ($795,000) and 2025 ($1,130,731) are fully guaranteed at signing Salary for 2026 ($1,466,462) partially guaranteed ($700,000) at signing (47.7%)   The #46 pick this year was Jonathon Brooks (coincidentally, the Colts original draft spot), to the Panthers. His contract is only guaranteed for the first two years, total of $4,914,107 guaranteed, which is 58.4% of the total value. At first, I thought this meant AD Mitchell's contract is pretty good, but apparently Brooks' contract is kind of bad. The next pick was Tyler Nubin (Giants), who has nearly all of his third year guaranteed. And last year, the #46 pick was Keion White (Patriots), and almost half of his third year was guaranteed. So Brooks seems to have undercut his guarantees. Some teams hold the line really well, so I was thinking maybe Carolina doesn't want guarantees in the third year, but they drafted Jonathan Mingo at #39 last year, and guaranteed almost half of his third year. Brooks probably could have done better if he had waited a few weeks.   The second round is kind of all over the place this year. There are still 11 guys unsigned, and a good number at the top and in the middle of the round. But all the way up at #40, Cooper DeJean (Eagles) only has $247k guaranteed in 2026, and his total percentage of guarantee is only 62.8%, so his contract isn't as favorable as Mitchell's. And then you have a few guys in the middle of the round -- like Jackson Powers-Johnson (Raiders, #44) and Edgerrin Cooper (Packers, #45) -- who have 2026 fully guaranteed (Cooper's is all but $76k).   But it's all going up. AD Mitchell has more favorable guarantees than Jonathan Taylor did when he was the #41 pick in 2020 (53.9%). Each draft class pushes it a little further than the previous class.
    • Let’s face it that third down catch against Baltimore in 2006 saved the game for us and loudest move on to play give me AFC championship game. He caught it in his elbow for a first down and we kick the subacute field goal which sealed the game. That is my favorite Dallas Clark moment, but watching him, catch the ball and run down the scene for chunk yards. It was amazing.
  • Members