Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
FirsTime

My Mid-Season Need for Next Season

I don't think our team overall is looking too horrible this year considering our loss to the Dolphins. On a side not that loss hurt my soul. It was very depressing.

In no particular order our needs right now:

An Elite - Edge/Pass Rusher or DT

A Stud - Edge/Pass Rusher or DT

Number 1 - WR

Depth 7- 9 - Oline 

After the Season is over and free agency starts:

A consistent pass catching touchdown grabbing Eric Ebron, (A TE unless we resign both of them.)

A Stud LT or resign Castonzo(I'd prefer Castonzo)

A Starting or Backup SS

Most Importantly:

A DECISION - Continue with Jacoby. I like him, the team likes him, and the staff likes him. I would rate him for 13-18 for QB range. However, I personally think when he is in the whole entire team steps their game up. (offense/defense/special teams) I know I'm about to take some heat for that. OR Find a franchise QB. Maybe tank next season for Trevor Lawrence. Trade the house for whoever we could get. Trade up this year for someone. We have more than enough money and draft capital for almost all of these options. We won't be able to determine this till the season is over however. 

I hope Jacoby has a MVP type second half of the season and takes us a couple rounds deep in the playoffs. Ballard put together a pretty solid team around him except for WRs, which we have the most horrible luck with. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Good question.   I think you draft a QB in the early rounds (round 1 or 2) if you truly believe in that QB, in which case, it's a calculated decision to cause some unrest with the team initially, with the hopes that the new QB is the answer at the position.   However, if you draft a QB in the later rounds, I'm sure that the team and JB will understand that it's for the purpose of developing a QB and not for immediately supplanting the #1 QB. JB is safe and the team understands who their #1 QB is.
    • Playing Kelly for one game though isn’t going to really tell them much. But if he has worked hard I don’t have a problem giving him some time in the jags game to reward him for his hard work.
    • But this gives you so much valuable information as an organization, it clears up so much.  You can go into the draft will a much better direction.  If Chad wasn't close to as good to Jacoby then why keep him?  You can find much more stable backups than Chad.  Heck, we already have one of those guys in Hoyer.   1.  We have a guy with huge upside, so maybe we do get Love and see if he develops and gives Chad a run for his money.  Also, Chad my screw up again.   2.  Be aggressive in the draft because neither are going to be the guy.  They can fight it out for the backup.  See if you can get something for Jacoby or Chad.   3.  See number 2.     Show the team that the Colts walk the walk and that there will be competition at every level 
    • I couldn't agree more.  Who gets drafted where is so important to that QB's chances for success for all the reasons you mentioned above.   I think the Colts would be one of those franchises where a rookie would develop quickly and could wind up starting sooner rather than later.  Regarding Kelly none of us know anything about his leadership abilities.  He certainly looked in command of the team in the limited time we saw him play.  He's been squeaky clean this year off the field so maybe he has settled down.  We will see I guess.  Colin Cowherd had an interesting segment on his show today.  He talked about the success rate in the NFL of QB's coming out of Major programs with 4 and 5 star recruits versus the mid tier programs and the 3 star recruits.  The mid tier programs won in his analysis and this year he actually compared Burroughs to Love as an example of a power school to a mid tier school.  Interesting listen if you can find it.  He too feels where they land will determine how successful they become.  I have a feeling Love is going to get a lot of love leading up to the draft.  If he truly turns out to be Ballards guy I believe he is going to have to go out and get him.  JMO.
    • What about drafting a QB? Doesn't that tell JB he isn't the guy, and is just keeping the seat warm for when the new guy is ready?   If Kelly starts JB will get over it, and the team will embrace the staff for doing everything possible for this season and the future of the team.
  • Members