Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts re-sign J'marcus Webb

CR91

19 hours ago, Stephen said:

The only surprise would be a kicker in the 1st

Or a QB.  But it would not surprise me if they take one in the 4th or later.  This will be Jacoby last year here. 

Back to the Oline, Ballard has always said he wants it to be deep, one through nine.   And we know how they feel about rotating the Dline.  

BPA - QB, K, P in the first three rounds.  

42 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Or a QB.  But it would not surprise me if they take one in the 4th or later.  This will be Jacoby last year here. 

Back to the Oline, Ballard has always said he wants it to be deep, one through nine.   And we know how they feel about rotating the Dline.  

BPA - QB, K, P in the first three rounds.  

Very doubtful to me they invest a draft pick in a QB this year is Brissett is staying put for the season.  I think they want to only have 2 QBs on the roster and manage a 3rd QB like Walker from the PS.  

13 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Very doubtful to me they invest a draft pick in a QB this year is Brissett is staying put for the season.  I think they want to only have 2 QBs on the roster and manage a 3rd QB like Walker from the PS.  

Could be, but Ballard did say he'd have no problem carrying three QBs (to protect one from the PS).  He's known to plan ahead.

IMO, he'll pick up a vet QB next season who's main job is to help in the film room and on the sidelines.

13 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Of course Briskett will yield at least 9 first round picks

I was hoping that he would get a second or third early on, based on some projections and blog readings, but there are more good QBs available to teams today, that would seem to lessen Brissetts value

AND....... NCF helped show me the light :)

I do think its wise to grab another QB in rounds 4-6. 

Brissett is probably going to seek employment elsewhere, and we may get lucky with a developmental QB, that can back up Luck and possibly be worth a decent future draft pick.

8 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Could be, but Ballard did say he'd have no problem carrying three QBs (to protect one from the PS).  He's known to plan ahead.

IMO, he'll pick up a vet QB next season who's main job is to help in the film room and on the sidelines.

Agree completely on him planning ahead and can see if there is a QB they like, they take him.

I just recall how they managed Walker and his endless trips on and off the practice squad.  I have to believe their preference is a similar plan this year and use the roster spot for someone who can help on special teams.

• Like 1