Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chad72

Chiefs fire DC Bob Sutton

It was inevitable, at least he gave Andrew Luck the 10-38 comeback, and Brady his trip to the 9th SB before he left. :) 

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/1/22/18193276/breaking-chiefs-fire-defensive-coordinator-bob-sutton

I think Kris Richard would be a fantastic signing for them if they did. But if Andy Reid wants an experienced face, Marvin Lewis should be at the top of the list, more so than Rex Ryan, IMO. 

Everybody is going to make this about the AFCCG, but the Chiefs have struggled on defense, especially situationally, a lot over the years. 

If they did not do this, Mahomes was heading down the "lack of defensive support" road like Peyton in his early days. 

Record when team scores at least 40 points:

Tom Brady 40-0
Peyton Manning 32-0
Steve Young 19-0
Jim Kelly 15-0
Philip Rivers 15-0
Joe Montana 14-0
Brett Favre 14-0
Roger Staubach 11-0
John Elway 9-0
Drew Brees 37-1
Aaron Rodgers 17-1

COMBINED 204-2

Patrick Mahomes 2-2

Patrick Mahomes' first 5 losses: 18 TD, 5 INT, 8.78 YPA, 112.6 PR

Tom Brady's first 15 losses: 18 TD, 29 INT, 5.62 YPA, 62.2 PR

Most losses in a season with 100+ passer rating (min. 20 attempts, includes playoffs)

1. 2008 Philip Rivers - 6

2. 1996 Vinny Testaverde - 5

2. 2018 Patrick Mahomes - 5

Mahomes is the only player with 5 such games on 30+ attempts.

During the regular season, the Patriots converted 37% of their 3rd downs on the road, exceeding 50% only once in 8 games (in Miami). Against the Chiefs, NE converted on 3rd down 68% of the time.

They definitely had a Bob Sutton problem, hands down!!!

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I do give BB a lot of credit for the Pats success but after playing under BB for years, I would be shocked if Brady couldn't go to half the teams in this league and win 10 or 11 games. I always felt like Peyton could win 10-12 as well with just an average team around him. Nobody can do it with a stinky team but you give those guys a decent line and average talent, they are winning 10 games IMO.
    • Yeah. I feel bad for Lebron. I personally like him a lot but all those finals losses will never be overcome.   In my view, the last 4 years since Manning has retired has showed just how big of a gap there was between him and Brady and everyone else. So if we are looking at just the past 25 years of football, I would put Brady first and then Manning. There has been no other QBs in the cap/FA era that have had as much control of the offense and the game as those two. Two complete masters on the field.  Just my opinion of course but Brees, Rodgers, Favre, etc. they just don't measure up to the high level of Brady and Manning - you knew double digit wins every year and a division title and almost always a bye.
    • LeBron will never catch Jordan for GOAT IMO. I personally think Magic was better by a hair over LeBron but that is another topic. Peyton is considered by most of the media 3rd best ever, some still have Montana over him = understandable.   I have the Bucs going 11-5 this year and winning their division, so I think a lot of Brady. 
    • The problem for Lebron is he has half of Michael's championships. LOL. Maybe he adds another one or two before he is done.  Brady pretty much stands alone with his achievements but for sure he was helped by the org he played for. He is the classic example of doing more with more and at times doing more with less. 
    • Brady's longevity is impressive so like LeBron his overall stats will be inflated, at their peak Manning was better statistically most years aside from Brady's 2007 season. Just like Jordan was better at his peak but LeBron will score more points, etc.. Brady will always be considered the GOAT by most because he has 6 wins to Manning's 2 but Brady has always had the superior Coach, Dungy was great but not on BB's level and everyone knows it. Manning won 5 League MVP's for a reason, he was like a Coach on the field. BB feared him and him only. Nobody else scared him on the 53 man roster  .
  • Members

• Horseshoelife19

Horseshoelife19 25

• Archer

Archer 1,322

• Dogg63

Dogg63 436

• Hark

Hark 255

• JFreeman

JFreeman 6

• 2006Coltsbestever