CB- Wilson , Hairston
SS-
FS- Hooker
CB-             , Moore

P- Sanchez
K- Vinatieri

Free Agents:

QB Trevor Siemian 1 year , 1.5 million
RB Javorius Allen 1 year , 1.5 million (7th best pass-blocking RB per PFF 2017)
FS/SS Anthony Harris 1 year , 1.5 million
WR Adam Humphries 2 years 12 million

Trades:

DE Jabaal Sheard to Green Bay for 4th round pick
QB Jacoby Brissett to New York Giants for 2019 4th round , 2020 3rd round pick

Draft:

*Note* I just used Fanspeak and simulated a draft

1st round 5th overall : DT Ed Oliver
2nd round 37th overall: OT Trey Adams
2nd round 43rd overall: DT Derrick Brown
3rd round 68th overall: CB Lavert Hill
4th round 105th overall: OT Max Scharping 
4th round 107th overall : SS Khaleke Hudson
4th round 121st overall: OG Chris Lindstrom
4th round 136rd overall: WR Collin Johnson
5th round 145th overall: CB Trayvon Mullen
6th round 179th overall: LB Joe-Giles Harris
7th round 221st overall: DT Gerald Willis III

Final Roster:

QB- Luck , Siemian
RB- Mack, Hines, Allen, Wilkins
LT- Castonzo , Scharping
LG- Nelson, Lindstrom
C- Kelly
RG- Smith
RT- Trey Adams , Haeg
TE- Doyle, Ebron, Swoope
WR- Hilton, Humphries, Cain, C.Johnson, M.Johnson, Fountain

DE- Turay , Autry
UT- Oliver, Ward, Willis
NT- Brown, Stewart
DE- Hunt, Lewis
WLB- Leonard, Adams
MLB- Walker, Moore
SAM- Harris, Franklin
CB- Wilson, Hairston
FS- Hooker
SS- Hudson, Harris
CB- Hill, Moore, Mullen

P-Sanchez
K- Vinny

So yeah, I know a lot of this is probably quite unrealistic (specifically the draft) , but it was just a fun exercise to show how I'd approach things next off-season. Obviously, I highly, highly doubt Derrick Brown is available in the 2nd round , but the simulation allowed me to take him.Truthfully, I wanted Dexter Lawrence to replace Al Woods , but he was taken in the mid 1st round. I'm not 100% sure Brown would be ideal as the NT, but he's 6' 4" 320 , so he certainly has the body at the very least. 

Oliver being available at 5 might be unrealistic too , we'll see. Also, 4 picks in the 4th round might be a little much. I'm sure most would prefer to just hold onto Sheard. 

I wanted to upgrade both lines significantly and add depth , and I think I've achieved that with 6 selections. Turay-Oliver-Brown-Lewis would be exciting as hell to watch and Trey Adams is a beast of a tackle that would be a day 1 starter at RT , imo. It's an extremely young team , and I didn't really touch the available cap space, so the possibilities are endless. Here you can the see the team after cuts and before the draft : 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tools/roster/indianapolis-colts/2019/8363630ece449d9133c6fb1c6faba674/

It's a fun tool for anyone who wants to mess around for a few minutes. 

It'll be really interesting to see how Ballard utilizes those first 3 picks. Just based on the simulation , I found myself really wanting another 2nd rounder -- if Ballard can somehow find a way to get another 2nd , I think we could solve a lot of problems in a hurry. It's really a perfect draft for our holes, imo.

Either way, regardless of how this season ends , I'll be stunned if we don't take a DT in the first round. There's just an absurd amount of DL talent next year. It won't matter where we finish , a really good one will be available wherever our selection is. 

Good post..... long way off though..... many things may change

Comments

1) Love Oliver as our first pick

He would be our "Warren Sapp" for this defense

2) Trey Adams is one of those guys.... IF HEALTHY...... that can contribute as a RT but appears to be able to move to LT if needed later

I dont believe that we will go with 2 picks for DT, this year, that early....... If you can get Oliver..... you call it a day.

3) Lavert Hill seems to be talented..... But first off.... He is from Michigan..... as an Ohio State fan..... I would have to throw up every time that he suited up :)

I would also wonder if they would have to change the defensive playbook to single syllable words, so he can understand...........     I would also wonder if his college classes trained him well enough..... I mean the advanced classes at UM, like FAST FOOD 101......"do you want fries  with that" training, should be easy, but should help him when the NFL career is over.

Just kidding........  The guy is getting ONE tackle a game.......  and he is smaller.......  he seems to be more of a shut down CB than a 4-3 Tampa CB......

In this defense that we run 80% of the time, Our CBs HAVE to help more in run support than other CBs on other teams

4) Sheard isnt leaving..... he is a great rotational player that the Colts can use

5) I dont believe that we will let Brissett go for this little. (Just keep him for that price)

I may be tempted by a 2nd round pick......... but If I am the Giants......  I would go QB with first pick. (they will bring pitchforks and torches to the NY giants "castle", if they dont

6) I think we REALLY need to bring in a FA, trade for, or draft early a SS.......  This defense, to function correctly, needs that player........ He isnt on the roster today ......

Thanks for inputing