Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Expect massive in-game coaching change

Lawrence Owen

On 9/5/2018 at 9:51 PM, Lawrence Owen said:

what about last year when we had 7 leads in the 2nd half,...then lost them?  I won't put that on personnel, That's coaching issues.

It baffles me that whenever this argument comes up, people somehow forget, that those games didn't start in the 4th quarter. The Colts had to actually win those first 3 quarters to get a lead in the 4th.

I'm not defending Pagano (altough, I probably see him a bit more positively than the majority here ... but his time was over nevertheless). I just don't bite on these stats easy. Regardless of how good or bad the team played, you can always pick certain stats and present them that they look bad and you can do the polar opposite too. Without the context, these are just hand picked data, presented the way you want.

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

It baffles me that whenever this argument comes up, people somehow forget, that those games didn't start in the 4th quarter. The Colts had to actually win those first 3 quarters to get a lead in the 4th.

I'm not defending Pagano (altough, I probably see him a bit more positively than the majority here ... but his time was over nevertheless). I just don't bite on these stats easy. Regardless of how good or bad the team played, you can always pick certain stats and present them that they look bad and you can do the polar opposite too. Without the context, these are just hand picked data, presented the way you want.

Great statement 

1 hour ago, Peterk2011 said:

But when watching the games, I got the sense that the other team wasn't really trying to win the first 3 quarters, per se.  I think they simply tried to keep the game close for three quarters (as coaches often say) then win it when they depressed the gas a little more in the 4th.  I think most teams won the 4th quarter pretty easily, and thought they could going into the game plan.