Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck Or Rgiii

deedub75

Luck (on paper) has everything that I think Indy should want. I know I want him. He's got a great attitude, work ethic and solid numbers. We need someone who can manage a game.

The problem is he's going to inherit all the problems that Peyton had. We still need to address the defense issues and run/pass blocking. Bringing in Luck is not going to change everything...there has to be some serious rebuilding.

I totally agree. Fans needs to be patient with him. It will take him sometime to get his feet under him in the NFL. Its already hard enough for rookies to come in the NFL. Then having the pressure of being the number 1 draft pick ontop of that then coming in taking an Hall a famer's place. The Colts are in rebuilding mode and he is coming into the that and coming in trying to fill Peyton shoes. Even if we drafted Rgiii he will still have the same problem as well, it will take time. I don't think we will draft Rgiii. I am just using him as example. Luck comes in with a strong football family. I don't think he will break or crack. But he will need sometime, and I hope the fans will give him that.

I think RGIII will be the better QB, but have doubts either will be a top 5 qb in the league a few years down the road.

The Colts will draft Luck. He can sell jerseys and fill the stands. I was surprised at how many people at Lucas were rooting for Luck already.

Neither TIm Couch or David Carr were ever considered the best QB since Manning or Elway.

Since Elway was drafted, these are the #1 overall QBs taken.

1987 - Vinny Testaverde, certainly not a HOF player but he was a very solid QB who got the Jets to an AFC title game.

1989 - Troy Aikman - SB winner, enough said

1993 - Drew Bledsoe - was a pro bowl caliber QB in New England and took them to a SB

1998 - Peyton Manning - SB winner, enough said

1999 - Tim Couch - Drafted by a terrible Cleveland team and was definite bust

2001 - Michael Vick - Was ATL franchise QB and got them to an NFC champ game

2002 - David Carr - Was a bust, but was also drafted by an expansion team and got pummeled

2003 - Carson Palmer - Was a great QB in cinci for a while and got bit by injuries. Certainly could have been elite

2004 - Eli Manning - SB winner

2005 - Alex Smith - was considered a bust until taking his team to the NFC title game this year

2007 - Jamarcus Russell - Bust for sure, raiders notoriously bad drafters and he made it worse by not caring

2009 - Matthew Stafford - Threw for 5,000yds this season

2010 - Sam Bradford - Had a great rookie year taking a long suffering team to the playoffs

Of those 13 guys

Three are busts (Carr, Couch, and Russell)

Three are HOF worthy or at least close (Aikman, Manning I, Manning II)

Four are quality NFL starters but not elite historically (Testaverde, Palmer, Bledsoe, and Vick)

Three are really too young to know for sure (Stafford, Bradford, and Smith)

Seven took their teams to at least their conference Championship and five went to Super Bowls.

People are making it out to be that #1 overall QBs dont pan out, MOST do.

Bradford didn't take anyone to the playoffs. 7-9 Seattle got it that year.

Luck all day...every day 24/7 lol. But seriously RG3 wouldn't be half-bad. As a Colts fan with the #1 pick, I am pumped for this draft/offseason. Luck reminds me a ton of Peyton especially when he's changing the play at the line, calling audibles, this is easily his most underrated attribute.

Probably should've added a poll to this post :P

Not offense to you..but I dont care what their numbers are.

I want to make the playoffs.....111-5, 9-7..I dont care.

I just want to have a chance..

I dont doubt that if he plays 16 games, Luck will throw for 4,000 yards.

But what will our record be.

Who's the Atlanta QB..Matt Ryan..? Luck reminds me of him

you just dumped PM for a Matt Ryan look a like?? we are totally >>>ed if that is right.

Luck is supposed to be Elway/Manning or better. Ryan is a good QB, but he's not great

If you settle for Luck being just as good as Ryan, then this franchise is dead. Luck needs to be what he's packaged as, Elway or better