Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Colts Mock Draft

Re-Signings: Dan Orlovsky, Jamaal Anderson, Jacob Tamme, Mike Pollak, Robert Mathis, Pierre Garcon, Philip Wheeler, Ernie Sims, Anthony Gonzalez,

Restructures: Addai, Clark.

Departures (Free Agency/Retirements): Manning, Bullitt, Brackett, Bentley, Brayton, Collins, Painter, Foster, Ojinnaka, Wayne, Saturday, Diem.

FA Signings: QB Shaun Hill, WR/PR/KR Eric Weems, OG Jake Scott/Evan Mathis, OG Trai Essex, NT Antonio Garay, DE Luis Castillo, DE/OLB Jarret Johnson, SS Tom Zbikowski.

1. Andrew Luck, QB - Stanford

2. Alfonzo Dennard, CB - Nebraska

3. Dwight Jones, WR - North Carolina

4. Mychal Kendricks, ILB - California

4C. David Molk, C - Michigan

5. Andrew Datko, OT - Florida State

6. Chris Owusu, WR - Stanford

6C. Evan Rodriguez, TE/FB - Temple

7. Donte Paige-Moss, DE - North Carolina

Bethea - Zbikowski

Dennard - Johnson - Kendricks - Angerer - Mathis - Powers

Castillo - Garay - Anderson

or

Bethea - Zbikowski

Dennard - Johnson - Kendricks - Angerer - Powers

Freeney - Garay - Anderson - Mathis

---------------------

Jones - Castonzo - Scott/Mathis - Molk/Pollak - Essex/Reitz - Ijalana - Clark - Collie - Garcon

Luck

Rodriguez

Brown

I know I've made a few FA signings, but I think Castillo and Garay are favoured players of Manusky from San Diego, Johnson is an experienced body and would be a nice signing to join Pagano along with Zbikowski, who fills a major need. Dennard has slipped down the board a bit but I still rate him as a very good Cornerback.

On offense, Dwight Jones has worked with our new WR coach at UNC - is a big target down the field, very physical wide receiver. Might even be available in the fourth round, but I wouldn't be sure. Scott or Mathis would be good, economical pickups in FA; we need an experienced Guard to protect Luck. As Kravitz has touched on, we can't allow Luck to get hit repeatedly like David Carr did for Houston. Trai Essex can play Guard or Tackle and will be familiar with Arians' offense. Datko was predicted much much higher than the 5th round, but a couple of injuries have harmed him...he could be a sleeper pick if he's fit, though Brandon Mosley could be available to.

Garcon should be re-signed or tagged; if he still wants to go, try and get Colston from Saints. He supposedly wants $7m a year, which is what Garcon is alleged to have turned down. David Molk impressed at the combine but I think we should still be able to pick him up just before the 5th Round. Evan Rodriguez is a player that can strengthen our tight end ranks, whilst also doubling up as a full back. We saw that a full back has been used more, especially at the end of last season.

Theres one thing I couldn't get past. Why in Gods name would you re-sign Anthony Gonzalez? Over-rated and injury prone. He might make it through 2 plays this year

I guess there's just always that nagging thought in the back of my mind that Gonzo can contribute occasionally. It's a very touch and go one...he just can't get fit often enough. A degree of talent is there though. Depends whether you're prepared to take a gamble. By my mock, we'd have Pierre Garcon/Dwight Jones/Austin Collie/Chris Owusu/Eric Weems/Blair White...that's probably enough actually.

I like this mock a lot, but I don't think Owusu due to his concussion history. I would love to get him as an UDFA. I wouldn't mind drafting a project like Vontaze Burfict or Donte Paige-Moss if there in the 6th round, I'd like to see if Manusky and Pagano can get them to live up to their potential and be steals of the draft.

I really like all the picks except Dwight Jones, I just don't like him as much as some other guys projected lower. Also, I don't like that Essex signing at all.

But the only changes I'd make would be to either grab Kendricks in the third if you're set on him, or grab Bradham in the third and in the fourth, I'd want Marvin Jones, Devier Posey, or Marvin Mcnutt in that order.

You dont have Nevis listed anywhere on your D? he would AT LEAST start in the 4-3 looks.

Also, why sign Orlovski AND Hill? one or the other would be enough.

I would also sign Gonzo to a cheap deal...he was healthy all last season but hasnt played because Bill Polian had a spat with him (from what ive heard/read)...he was also one of the WRs who has been working with Peyton during his entire rehab process. He never had any chronic/major injuries, just a few of the nagging kind...after taking this whole past season "off" to heal up but still staying in shape working with Peyton, i would agree with bringing him back cheap.

You dont have Nevis listed anywhere on your D? he would AT LEAST start in the 4-3 looks.

Also, why sign Orlovski AND Hill? one or the other would be enough.

I would also sign Gonzo to a cheap deal...he was healthy all last season but hasnt played because Bill Polian had a spat with him (from what ive heard/read)...he was also one of the WRs who has been working with Peyton during his entire rehab process. He never had any chronic/major injuries, just a few of the nagging kind...after taking this whole past season "off" to heal up but still staying in shape working with Peyton, i would agree with bringing him back cheap.

My problem with Nevis is can he play DE/DT? Can he play NT? Which one suits him best? We haven't exactly seen much of him so it's hard to genuinely place him in a system.

I think going in with Luck and Hill would be a bit risky. 3 QB's is the best option for me.

Yeah, I think Gonzo should come back cheap.

My problem with Nevis is can he play DE/DT? Can he play NT? Which one suits him best? We haven't exactly seen much of him so it's hard to genuinely place him in a system.

I think going in with Luck and Hill would be a bit risky. 3 QB's is the best option for me.

Yeah, I think Gonzo should come back cheap.

In the little time we did get to see Nevis, last year, he was the best DT that we had.

I would just re-sign Orlovski and not sign Hill...and thats IF we dont have Peyton next year...if we do, i would just have Peyton and Luck...if by some random chance they're both out, then we are pretty much >>>ed anyhow...and could easily sign a QB cheap if needed