Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

First Mock Here

Hi, I'm new here. I'm from the Denver forums, every year we do a GM game. I was lucky enough to get the Colts. I'm don't follow the Colts like y'all do, I have been doing research but you can only learn so much from the little blurbs they have about players. So without further ado here is my first Colts mock.

1. QB Andrew Luck, Stanford

6'4 235 lbs

No explanation needed.

2. DE/NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington

6'3 240 lbs

Ta'amu will need to work on his stamina to become a great nosetackle, but he has incredible athleticism and size. I think he could start out like BJ Raji did in Green Bay and play defensive end. I feel like it would help his development while putting another large man on your DL.

3. OT/OG Mitchell Schwartz, California

6'5 320 lbs

Schwartz stood out at the senior bowl and was able to match the incredible talent on the DL with his quickness. Schwartz can play guard if Ijalana plays Tackle or Tackle if Ijalana plays guard. Schwartz is a good run blocker with good quickness in his kick step.

4. CB Dwight "Bill" Bentley, Louisiana Lafayette

5'10 180 lbs

Bentley stood out at the Senior Bowl with his feisty demeanor and never quit attitude. He frustrated many receivers and played bigger than he was. Bentley could start right away if needed but also would be killer in nickle packages.

5. WR Jarius Wright, Arkansas

5'10 175 lbs

Bruce Arians has had a lot of success recently with extremely quick receivers and Wright fits the Antonio Brown, Mike Wallace, and Emmanual Sanders mold. Wrigth could have a much bigger impact than a 5th round pick would indicate and could also contribute on kick returns.

6. OG Lamar Holmes, Southern Miss

6'5 320 lbs

Holmes is developmental lineman who can provide some depth at both guard spots and maybe even right tackle. He has nice physical tools but is a little heavy footed.

7. NT Nicolas Jean Baptiste, Baylor

6'2 335 lbs

Nosetackle is the most important position in a 3-4 defense and right now the Colts don't have a single capable nose tackle. Jean Baptiste was arguably the only player on the Baylor defense that had a quality season. He is stout at the point of attack and has good physical tools. The Baylor product would be a great developmental and rotational Nosetackle.

Some free agents I see you signing are S Tom Zbikowski, NT Antonio Garay, NT Brandon McKinney, or NT Aubrayo Franklin, DE/LB Jarrett Johnson, and LB Jameel McClain.

2. DE/NT Alameda Ta'amu, Washington

6'3 240 lbs

Ta'amu will need to work on his stamina to become a great nosetackle, but he has incredible athleticism and size. I think he could start out like BJ Raji did in Green Bay and play defensive end. I feel like it would help his development while putting another large man on your DL.

I am friends with this guy's dad. Nice family.

i think thats a realistic draft i liked it.

if anything i think we are going cb earlier and OG later.

i loved your Wright pick...you are right, he fits the antonio brown type of player.

FA i dont think we are going to have the money but i do think we are going after at least 1...either NT CB or S.

I think Alameda would be there later in the second. I think the colts need to find ways to acquire multiple early draft pics. I would trade down..

Here's an e-mail snippet I got from his brother -

"Alameda’s down in Southern Cal with his agent working out in the facilities that they have for the guys who have been invited to the NFL Combine next week. As of now they have him possible late first round early second or even third depending on which team and the demand for the position. Doesn’t matter to me which round, but GOD willing it would be nice to see him get drafted and watch him play on Sundays..."

Here's an e-mail snippet I got from his brother -

"Alameda’s down in Southern Cal with his agent working out in the facilities that they have for the guys who have been invited to the NFL Combine next week. As of now they have him possible late first round early second or even third depending on which team and the demand for the position. Doesn’t matter to me which round, but GOD willing it would be nice to see him get drafted and watch him play on Sundays..."

I don't the demand for nose tackles will be very high this year. Few teams are switching to 3-4s, and only Pittsburgh needs a replacement.

Houston, Pittsburgh, no doubt KC, GreenBay, Arizona, now Indy all need 3-4 NT, just to name a few. The demand is there, and in response to that emai.. Alameda will be drafted no doubt!

Houston doesn't need a traditional nose tackle. Green Bay isn't going to give up on Raji.

Arizona needs offensive lineman more.

KC needs a QB, LT/RT, CB, LB, and maybe a DE too.

Pittsburgh and Indy are definitely in the NT market.

Houston doesn't need a traditional nose tackle. Green Bay isn't going to give up on Raji.

Arizona needs offensive lineman more.

KC needs a QB, LT/RT, CB, LB, and maybe a DE too.

Pittsburgh and Indy are definitely in the NT market.

Bro, Houston and GreenBay need a NT, Raji plays DT like Justin Smith, GreenBay uses a lot of two man fronts, because they lack a NT. Houston needs a real NT, it's a priority in that D, as for the others they still need NT, didn't say they didn't have more pressing needs..

Bro, Houston and GreenBay need a NT, Raji plays DT like Justin Smith, GreenBay uses a lot of two man fronts, because they lack a NT. Houston needs a real NT, it's a priority in that D, as for the others they still need NT, didn't say they didn't have more pressing needs..

Houston does need a nose tackle. BUT THEY DON'T NEED A TRADITIONAL NOSE TACKLE. Wade Phillips runs a penetrating 1 gap 5-2 like defense. That's why he opted to go with 300 pound Shaun Cody this year and 305 pound Ratliff in the past.

Raji plays 3 tech in their 2-4-5 defense. In their base 3-4 he plays the nose. When they were having tons of success it was because of Cullen Jenkins who is a 305 pound 5 technique defensive end. He was the other tackle in their 2-4-5. Jenkins is a great pass rusher. They need a 5tech. Not a nose tackle.

Arizona has the 2 worst offensive tackles in the league. Those 2 positions are much more important than replacing their 2nd year nose tackle.

KC doesn't know who their QB is, Brandon Albert sucks at LT, Barry Richardson is abysmal at RT, Brandon Carr and Dwayne Bowe may leave in free agency, Glenn Dorsey could be cut or traded, and the strength of KC is their defense.

Houston does need a nose tackle. BUT THEY DON'T NEED A TRADITIONAL NOSE TACKLE. Wade Phillips runs a penetrating 1 gap 5-2 like defense. That's why he opted to go with 300 pound Shaun Cody this year and 305 pound Ratliff in the past.

Raji plays 3 tech in their 2-4-5 defense. In their base 3-4 he plays the nose. When they were having tons of success it was because of Cullen Jenkins who is a 305 pound 5 technique defensive end. He was the other tackle in their 2-4-5. Jenkins is a great pass rusher. They need a 5tech. Not a nose tackle.

Arizona has the 2 worst offensive tackles in the league. Those 2 positions are much more important than replacing their 2nd year nose tackle.

KC doesn't know who their QB is, Brandon Albert sucks at LT, Barry Richardson is abysmal at RT, Brandon Carr and Dwayne Bowe may leave in free agency, Glenn Dorsey could be cut or traded, and the strength of KC is their defense.

Bro I'm not incompetent I know about wade Phillips one gap 3-4, I reference it as similar to a 4-3 Under. They want a NT, I bet you they draft a true NT this year. KC needs a NT, I just told u Raji plays DT in their two man front so why are u restating that. I have a large football IQ, I know 20 plus players from every team without doing research. I bet you Pittsburgh or Houston take a NT in rounds one through three.

And I knew about Cullen Jenkins, They want to have another big DT like Raji for the two man front but can play NT in their three man front. They may take a 3-4 DE too. But your not revealing some secret about Cullen Jenkins. I can tell you who is the best player on every D that isn't an all star big name.

Bro I'm not incompetent I know about wade Phillips one gap 3-4, I reference it as similar to a 4-3 Under. They want a NT, I bet you they draft a true NT this year. KC needs a NT, I just told u Raji plays DT in their two man front so why are u restating that. I have a large football IQ, I know 20 plus players from every team without doing research. I bet you Pittsburgh or Houston take a NT in rounds one through three.

And I knew about Cullen Jenkins, They want to have another big DT like Raji for the two man front but can play NT in their three man front. They may take a 3-4 DE too. But your not revealing some secret about Cullen Jenkins. I can tell you who is the best player on every D that isn't an all star big name.

Who? Who wants a true NT in Houston? Wade Phillips doesn't. He wants a Jay Ratliff clone.

Well you just tried to tell me that BJ Raji only plays end or tackle. Which he doesn't. He plays a good amount of snaps at nose. The reason their D took a big step back is because they didn't have the interior pass rush that Cullen Jenkins provided. They aren't going to draft some huge guy who can't pass rush. They are going to get a 5tech who can play on the inside of their 2-4-5 who can shoot gaps and make plays. The Packers should care less about run stopping, your not going to outscore Rodgers running the ball.

Who? Who wants a true NT in Houston? Wade Phillips doesn't. He wants a Jay Ratliff clone.

Well you just tried to tell me that BJ Raji only plays end or tackle. Which he doesn't. He plays a good amount of snaps at nose. The reason their D took a big step back is because they didn't have the interior pass rush that Cullen Jenkins provided. They aren't going to draft some huge guy who can't pass rush. They are going to get a 5tech who can play on the inside of their 2-4-5 who can shoot gaps and make plays. The Packers should care less about run stopping, your not going to outscore Rodgers running the ball.

I just said a versatile DT for the two man front but who has flexibility. I think you are gonna be surprised by how many teams need a NT. Houston wants an athletic bigger NT, they may target Brandon Thompson who has versatility. But make no mistake they need an upgrade at NT. as does KC and Pitt.