Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

They are luring Houston into the shootout that both sides seem to want..

Who is the fastest gun in the West?

Yeah. Houston has been better in this series so far...but without Paul not sure they will not run out of gas.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dgambill said:

I wish GS would run Durant off curls around the basket and get him the ball 10-15 from basket instead 25 feet away. It allows smaller quicker guys to stay with him. If Houston hits 3s they can still win. Harden is going to sleep good tonight lol. He will have to go for 50.

Houston up 8 but it was 17. This is scary. 8 against Warriors isn't much.

Houston playing to win. GS taking haymakers looking desperate. There aren’t any 10 pt plays. If you grind it out they will be ok but they aren’t patient enough. Harden and Paul have that drive push off with off hand and force people by them move to perfection.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rockets up 61-51 at Half! Holy Smokes! They are 24 minutes away from pulling a big upset.

When they play great defense they are hard to beat. They have more shooters even then GS. Curry and Thompson and Durant are pressing.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

are they 24 minutes from the NBA title?    Too soon?

Maybe if Paul gets healthy.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I dont believe what I am seeing to be honest.

I can. Houston has been doing this all season. It’s why they have the best record in basketball. GS is a great front runner. They tighten up in close games though. Not used to playing them.

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I dont believe what I am seeing to be honest.

I don't either..not tonight...Steph is 1 of 7 on 3s...

Nobody but Durant has gone to the foul line for GSW...

Was all their confidence just talk???

GSW has to pick up the pace..Houston has no bench....I don't know of anybody who thought Houston could win twice at Golden State because GSW would wear them down.

It may yet happen tongiht

Edited by oldunclemark

5 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Eric Gordon has 16 points on 8 shots

Harden has 22 points, 7 assists,. 6 turnovers, 5 rebounds and 2 steals

Gordon is a tough cover. He is super strong body so he can get his layups off on guys and strong with ball. He is excellent 3 pt shooter. I wish he didn’t hurt his wrist at IU or that team would have been much better. He would pair nicely with Victor wouldn’t he?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dgambill said:

I can. Houston has been doing this all season. It’s why they have the best record in basketball. GS is a great front runner. They tighten up in close games though. Not used to playing them.

I haven't seen a team this talented since the 1987 Lakers (meaning the Warriors). Where they have no weaknesses. This is shocking to me. Maybe the water in Houston has pure power :rock:

Next time Eric Gordon shoots a 3.....Draymond should just flatten him...old school..

...they are letting him get his shots off.

What I did not realize coming into this series was how Houston's 5-guard lineup (maybe 3 guards and 2 forwards) keeps David West off the floor...They miss him in games like this

Edited by oldunclemark

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't seen a team this talented since the 1987 Lakers (meaning the Warriors). Where they have no weaknesses. This is shocking to me. Maybe the water in Houston has pure power :rock:

The weakness is settling. Live and die with jumper and complacency. They just don’t play with desperation. Houston wants a ring. Tired of GS this and that. It might be their time. Realize they have Joe Johnson and Ryan Anderson on the bench too. That’s a deep team!!

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Next time Eric Gordon shoots a 3.....Draymond should just flatten him...old school..

...they are letting him get his shots off.

What I did not realize coming into this series was how Houston's 5-guard lineup (maybe 3 guards and 2 forwards) keeps David West off the floor...They miss him in games like this

Yep which is why Iggy out hurts so much. GS getting out GS’d

5 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love it, great game here.

The sport has changed so much.....a combined 54 3-point shots in the first 3 quarters

Houston has 16 turnovers but it hasnt killed them  because they've hit 14 of 29 (almost 50%) on 3s

Edited by oldunclemark
  • Like 1

Just now, dgambill said:

YEP if the supporting cast can hit enough 3s Houston can hold on. They also get to EVERY 50-50 ball. That’s how I know Rockets want it more.

Rockets better win this because if they don't, Bad IMO. They cant play any better. Their 3 point shooting and hustle has been awesome. Harden has been awesome too.