Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ballard Using An Orangatang For Player Selection

King Colt

12 hours ago, chrisfarley said:

First there was Gruden, pre-mixing lowlight reels of Hooker missing tackles just waiting to pounce, then Kiper being negative too,... then Mayock hating on Indy.... but we shined through all of that muck and had (IMO) a top-ten draft.

I think Gruden was the only one that was negative on the Hooker pick.  Piper and Mayock thought he had very good value at 15. Kiper seemed to really like our draft other than Quincy Wilson. He didn't like his 4.54 clocking and thought he was too "grabby." 

13 minutes ago, dw49 said:

I think Gruden was the only one that was negative on the Hooker pick.  Piper and Mayock thought he had very good value at 15. Kiper seemed to really like our draft other than Quincy Wilson. He didn't like his 4.54 clocking and thought he was too "grabby." 

perhaps it was because Kiper was sitting right next to Gruden that he went along with gruden at the time of our 1st round pick.

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

perhaps it was because Kiper was sitting right next to Gruden that he went along with gruden at the time of our 1st round pick.

He might have been agreeing that he has tackling issues  ? I really don't remember. But even though he's going to be a stud , he is not good in the run game. Bad angles and misses a few too many tackles. I would bet that this area will improve over time. He's only really played one year of college ball....

3 minutes ago, dw49 said:

He might have been agreeing that he has tackling issues  ? I really don't remember. But even though he's going to be a stud , he is not good in the run game. Bad angles and misses a few too many tackles. I would bet that this area will improve over time. He's only really played one year of college ball....

all these things sound correctable, the game around him will speed up, it's that which he must adapt to, and I think he has good upside to do that.  he has good height as well.... ed reed was 5'11"

1 hour ago, chrisfarley said:

all these things sound correctable, the game around him will speed up, it's that which he must adapt to, and I think he has good upside to do that.  he has good height as well.... ed reed was 5'11"

It would be nice to see some turnovers on errant throws for a change ?