Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ahkello Witherspoon

I've been extremely high on Witherspoon for a while. His back pedal is smooth his hips are fluid and he transitions between the two with ease. Has IMO the best press in the draft with his 33" arms, but needs to add strength no question. 6-2 3/4 198, ran 4.45, jumped 40.5" and was top 10 in almost every other category. I think he can make it to our 2nd round pick with the depth of corner in this class and would start day 1 opposite Vontae, and potential be our #1 in a year.

38 minutes ago, Majin Vegeta said:

This guy, Fabian, Awuzie and Kevin King impressed me. They all would be great in the 2nd imo. 

Kevin King too should've made it a Witherspoon and king topic. His 40 was outstanding 4.44 but his 3 cone:eek: how sway? How? At 6'3 what was it 4.56? Best in the entire draft. Fabian is fantastic think he's making a case for a 1st round spot and Awuzie did improve his stock but still a bit raw on film if he's there in the 3rd tho without question.

A lot of good corners in this draft. I'm jonesing for a 2nd rd corner to groom. I really think that the second rd is where the meat of the draft is for these corners. It doesn't drop off a lot from those top ones. The value will be crazy high for one of these guys on the board for our pick.

I like Witherspoon's size, athleticism, and think he could cover most WR's. The reason he's not thought of as a higher ranked CB is because of his tackling, or lack thereof. Here's a snippet of his scouting report on nfl.com:

Tape of his run support is not for the weak. Almost always in a state of retreat when run heads his way. Unwilling to step downhill and stick his nose in to help contain the edge. Passivity against the run cost his team two touchdowns against Michigan.

1 hour ago, Shive said:

I like Witherspoon's size, athleticism, and think he could cover most WR's. The reason he's not thought of as a higher ranked CB is because of his tackling, or lack thereof. Here's a snippet of his scouting report on nfl.com:

True he's not a great tackler, this piece from NFL.com I've seen before and is extremely dramatic. Not for the weak? Come on NFL.com that's some drama queen stuff they exaggerated IMO. Is he a good tackler no, mostly because he wasn't the most willing. When he was willing he squared ppl up well and ankle bites which is effect. I think its something the coaching staff has to harp on him definitely but he has all the tools to be a good tackler.