Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Brandon Williams

Last year I was of the opinion before and after which is a surprise for FA's that the best signing was "snacks" Harrison for the NYG. He improved their run defense immensely, and compared to the price for a NT and what they got, I thought it was a bargain. For a 3/4 team, a good NT is essential. I believe Brandon Williams should be our top or one of our top targets. I think he is better than Poe, and has outplayed him the past couple years, imho.

Here is what Joel Corry, a former players agent had to say about him. Also, he is coming into his prime years as he is 27 years old.

Williams is the premier run-stuffing interior defensive lineman with an expiring contract heading to the market. He should be the biggest beneficiary of defensive tackle Damon Harrison, a 2016 free-agent signee, doing wonders for the Giants' run defense last season. Harrison joined a defense that gave up 121.4 yards per game (24th in the NFL) on the ground in 2015. With Harrison anchoring the defense, the Giants limited the opposition to 88.6 rushing yards per game last season to tie for third best in the NFL.

Harrison's five year, $46.25 million deal containing $24 million of guarantees should be Williams' salary floor with a team looking for him to make a similar impact on their run defense.

For 9-10M/yr. he would be a fantastic addition, and we would finally have an anchor. If what Ballard says is true about building the trenches, this should be the first stop for shopping, and the price would be well worth it. Although our luck with Ravens has not been good, it would be nice if Pagano could get us first in line since other teams will want him. We need to get him in our building first, and not let him go! NYG proved last year if you want someone you have to show them an offer they will take. I don't want to put to many of these out there, but I would like to start here. He is the kind of FA that is a plug and play, fits our system, and is one of the best at his position. Those don't make it to FA very often.