Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Daniel Jeremiah's Top 50 Draft Prospects 1.0

Jeremiah is a former NFL scout.    I believe 9 years in the business with 3 different teams.

Now, he earns a nice penny for working for NFL.com.     He's one of the network's top evaluators.    His top 50 if the first released by the network, so you can see they're giving him the premium position of going first.

His first top 50 has a few eyebrow raisers.    There are a couple of tight ends that I haven't read elsewhere that are ranked nearly as high as he has them.    Several other surprise rankings caught my eye as well.....    I'm sure they will for you too.

Here we go.......    it's draft season!      Let the good times roll!!     Enjoy!!      :thmup:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000775479/article/daniel-jeremiahs-top-50-prospects-for-2017-nfl-draft

As always,  my reminder.....   these rankings are early and fluid.    There will be a fair amount of both upward and downward movement on these over the next 3-plus months.

So, if you disagree --- and you will --- don't get too worked up about it,  these will change many times....

I wonder about the rankings but his accessmentd seem ok. I can't imagine even worrying about most of the rankings until the combine and some pro days start rolling in...even then it's never too close to what happens. Obviously if I had my preference I'd love to get someone like Foster with our first (likely not there I can see him going to Cincy) or McKinley. Then look at one of these really nice corners in rd 2...but we are so far away it's hard to get too excited.

38 minutes ago, BigHen said:

Jeremiah is a overrated fool IMO.  He's about the last guy I'd pay attention to concerning the prospects.

And this opinion is based on what?

I didn't see that documented anywhere......     I'm sure it was an oversight....

You have some examples?

And if you don't like Jeremiah,  who DO you like?!?

3 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

I am curious to see how much changes after the combine alone.  Pro Days will have a huge effect too but the combine usually shakes some things up.  I like this initial list though.

Oh yeah, big time. I keep starting to compose my first mock draft for the year, but then I always feel like, "What's the point this early? Everything is going to look way different months from now." I'm sure I'll cave real soon and put one out there, but ultimately it just serves as a way to mull things over for now until after free agency when it becomes much easier to see what we have and where the draft is likely to go.