Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thoughts on Derek Barnett?

4 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think Saban has a better football mind and runs a structured program.   I have some reservations about how he left Miami yes.   Guy has a really good football mind though to me.

I don't disagree with that and if for some reason we hire him I would be ok with it. That type of change could make us really Good again but it could back fire. Having said that a lot of things are a risk. Being an Owner of a team is tough. Irsay has a lot on his plate.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't disagree with that and if for some reason we hire him I would be ok with it. That type of change could make us really Good again but it could back fire. Having said that a lot of things are a risk. Being an Owner of a team is tough. Irsay has a lot on his plate.

Yup

Another guy I like is Carol Phillips from Illinois.   They say he has first round talent but has had some off the field incidents.  Not sure what they were though, but hopefully not too bad. Like the fact that Lovie Smith is the coach so I'm sure he's been taught correctly. He moves really well to me.  A game wrecker.   The off field stuff could probably have him available later on so another guy to consider possibly.  If available in the 4th or 5th round I'd pull the trigger.

On January 7, 2017 at 3:57 AM, bigt said:

Just noticed that Barnett played at the same high school as Jalen Ramsey - Brentwood Academy - rich suburb of Nashville.

Rich is an understatement....wealthy area of Nashville just a couple miles from Vanderbilt University. Private Private School with a good football program.

On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:43 PM, DougDew said:

Quoting my self here.  If we are at 14 and he's sitting there at 10, I might give up a 3rd to go get him.

This is a relatively deep draft in Ends/Pass rushers. Even though he is talented, if he is gone there will still be someone there that is an upgrade from what we have. The Colts have too many issues to be throwing away draft picks, if anything they should try to get more picks to help get rid of this old defense.