Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Raiders Pats dead even

-JJ-

Ha- I've never seen this before.

NE & Oakland both are 8-2, 3-2 home, 5-5 road,2-1 division,6-1 conf, 2-1 non-conf, 4-1 last 5 games, PF 271&272.

Talk about a dead heat.

The only difference is NE has a much lower PA thus more net pts.

7 minutes ago, -JJ- said:

Ha- I've never seen this before.

NE & Oakland both are 8-2, 3-2 home, 5-5 road,2-1 division,6-1 conf, 2-1 non-conf, 4-1 last 5 games, PF 271&272.

Talk about a dead heat.

The only difference is NE has a much lower PA thus more net pts.

Great stat but by my eye test I think Pats are much better. Their Defense is just better.

The key tie-breaker might come down to common opponents since they don't have a head-to-head if their overall and conference records are tied. Those common opponents will be Bills, Broncos, Texans, and Ravens.

Pats are 1-1 vs Bills, 1-0 vs Texans, 0-0 vs Broncos and 0-0 vs Ravens, Pats cannot afford to lose to Broncos or Ravens, then they could be 3-2.

Raiders are 0-0 vs Bills, 1-0 vs Texans, 1-0 vs Broncos and 1-0 vs Ravens, expect it to be 4-0 after Bills game, with final regular season game vs Broncos to go, on that front I expect Raiders to fare no worse than 4-1.

When it is all said and done, I expect the AFC West to hand the Raiders one more loss at least and the Pats to get #1 seed overall. However, if it does come to common opponents, if it comes down to the last game of the regular season vs the Broncos, the Pats better beat the Broncos at Mile High (not worried about Ravens as much) and have the edge going in before that last Raiders vs Broncos game.