Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Report: Bucs put CB's Johnthan Banks and Alterraun Verner on the the trade block

SkyBane

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

They are both zone corners.....

Not what we are looking for.

I am sorry, there is a place for zone CBs in our system. Outside VD, pretty much all our CBs get some safety help. If you have talent to work with, you take it if you feel you can use that talent and coach them up.

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I am sorry, there is a place for zone CBs in our system. Outside VD, pretty much all our CBs get some safety help. If you have talent to work with, you take it if you feel you can use that talent and coach them up.

Agreed....

Except I think we're doing that because that's what we HAVE to do with our current talent.

But I don't think that's what we WANT to do.     I think we'd prefer to have as much man-coverage talent as we could get.

I don't think we want to start trading picks just to collect zone-coverage guys....

Just my view of things....

5 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Agreed....

Except I think we're doing that because that's what we HAVE to do with our current talent.

But I don't think that's what we WANT to do.     I think we'd prefer to have as much man-coverage talent as we could get.

I don't think we want to start trading picks just to collect zone-coverage guys....

Just my view of things....

Yeah, if it is a 5th or 6th rounder, I am OK with it. Ultimately, the price has to be right.

We don't have a vet wide out to offer, maybe last year we could have offered AJ :)

I am thinking the Lions may offer Boldin for some badly needed secondary help???