Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Should Mathis and Wayne be Paid More?

Mak Lao

I recently read this article on NFL.com where they suggested that Mathis and Wayne should be paid more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8212d0fe/article/which-underpaid-player-most-deserves-bigger-contract

I personally think we could trade trade (or let his contract expire) Mathis and fill his slot in with Hughes. We didn't use a high pick on Hughes so he could be a situational player. I know Mathis has been a beast for us throughout the years, and I respect that. I also ask the question of "would he have been that good if Freeney wasn't on the other side?" I believe he should be given the opportunity to move to a different team and get paid big bucks there.

Wayne is getting paid almost 6 mil a year. And I believe we should keep him at that salary. Sooner or later Collie, Garcon, White or even Gonzalez (well maybe not injury man Gonzalez) will have to step up and take the lead WR position. Because lets face it, Wayne isn't getting younger. I think we can keep signing Wayne to 1-2 year extensions, until this happens. Keeping him around the same salary that he's getting paid now, and at the most upping it by 1-2 million.

What you guys think?

should the colts pay them......probably not

will the colts pay them.....probably

irsay is one of the classiest owners in the league, and imagine if the colts have a huge year and win the superbowl. i can see irsay rewarding these guys with 3 year deals. hes just a classy guy who takes care of his players.

Wanna let Charlie Johnson go? I can live with that. Don't want to keep Session for that price? I can certainly live with that. But I am really not comfortable letting Wayne and/or Mathis leave. Yes, they should definitely be paid more and I want to see them both retire as Colts

Wanna let Charlie Johnson go? I can live with that. Don't want to keep Session for that price? I can certainly live with that. But I am really not comfortable letting Wayne and/or Mathis leave. Yes, they should definitely be paid more and I want to see them both retire as Colts

Agree 100% don't want to either one of them leave until Peyton retires. They both justify a raise and I bet they get one and hope they do. Peyton loves having Reggie to throw to.

I recently read this article on NFL.com where they suggested that Mathis and Wayne should be paid more.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8212d0fe/article/which-underpaid-player-most-deserves-bigger-contract

jayson lacanfora is completely lost in saying "Without his (mathis) production -- and he is one of the three most productive ends in terms of sacks and forced turnovers the past 5-6 years -- Dwight Freeney probably isn't set to make $29 million over the next two years". mathis has disappeared every time freeney is out of the lineup.

how many old wr's are getting big contracts?