Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Am I missing something here?

Coffeedrinker

I normally don't talk too much about the media doing this or the media doing that.  Mainly because in football it doesn't matter what the media says, things are decided on the field.  But to me this is a little ridiculous.

Last week the headline on NFL.com was " Tom Brady sharp in preseason debut against Panthers"

So I went to the stats and Brady of 3 of 9 for 70 some odd yards and a TD.  Half the yards came on one pass (it was an excellent pass).  But really 3 of 9 is looking sharp?

Then this week the headline on NFL.com was "Tom Brady leads Pats to win before suspension"

I looked at the final score and it was New York Giants 17, New England Patriots 9.  How exactly is that Brady leading them to a win?

Does anyone want to bet that NBC is trying to get a camera set up in Brady's house so they can record him cheering on the Pats in the first game?

The Cowboys are the number one media darling despite the fact they have been a flop for the past twenty years. Brady is tattooed on all media sports talk show scripts and now Kapernick won't dissolve despite the new item that he has socks he wears during the games with pictures of pigs wearing [police hats.  Whatever happened to sorts reporting? It all goes back to the old line, "Guys wearing makeup, talking sports". 

5 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I normally don't talk too much about the media doing this or the media doing that.  Mainly because in football it doesn't matter what the media says, things are decided on the field.  But to me this is a little ridiculous.

Last week the headline on NFL.com was " Tom Brady sharp in preseason debut against Panthers"

So I went to the stats and Brady of 3 of 9 for 70 some odd yards and a TD.  Half the yards came on one pass (it was an excellent pass).  But really 3 of 9 is looking sharp?

Then this week the headline on NFL.com was "Tom Brady leads Pats to win before suspension"

I looked at the final score and it was New York Giants 17, New England Patriots 9.  How exactly is that Brady leading them to a win?

Does anyone want to bet that NBC is trying to get a camera set up in Brady's house so they can record him cheering on the Pats in the first game?

The media is just dishonest & biased its obvious daily in many respects .

Gronk won the community service award & He stated who would have thought 5 years ago I would be winning this.

IMO as a drunk partying it up on the Gronk family cruise in Feb of this year I sure would'nt have but in Boston the criteria & bar is set much lower .

15 hours ago, King Colt said:

The Cowboys are the number one media darling despite the fact they have been a flop for the past twenty years. Brady is tattooed on all media sports talk show scripts and now Kapernick won't dissolve despite the new item that he has socks he wears during the games with pictures of pigs wearing [police hats.  Whatever happened to sorts reporting? It all goes back to the old line, "Guys wearing makeup, talking sports". 

getting to the playoffs every other year isnt sucking. It keeps you in the American conscience.

all journalism is propaganda. Sports,politics,its all the same.

what ever happened to sports reporting? its been the same simplistic drivel for 50 years