Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Good Erik Swoope Article

krunk

“He’s gotten better every single week,” coach Chuck Pagano said of Swoope ahead of Thursday's preseason finale at Cincinnati. “He gets better every day at practice. He’s producing in games. If you look at that position and you look who’s there, he’s making a case for himself. Not only as a tight end but in special teams, he’s doing a nice job.”

“He is a big-body guy, he has a big catch radius, he can run, he can get open and he can separate,” Pagano said. “Now it will come down to the heavy-lifting stuff, the running game and being consistent with blocking. He is a determined guy and for never playing football until, I think, this is his third year doing it, he is doing a heck of a job. He just needs to keep getting better.”

“You see the football understanding start to come around where he’s doing things that aren’t necessarily drawn up the way it is on the play,” Chudzinski said of Swoope earlier in training camp. “He’s making adjustments that you’d expect from somebody who has played the game quite a bit. I’m really pleased with him in all aspects. He’s not just been a pass-catcher, he’s blocked, he’s pass blocked, he’s run blocked and he’s improved in all areas so I’m excited about him.”

http://www.espn.com/blog/indianapolis-colts/post/_/id/17804/erik-swoope-on-the-verge-of-being-next-basketball-player-turned-nfl-tight-end-for-colts