IndyD4U

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

I am bald, but was wearing a hat. Had a black camo shirt on.

Bald mans best friend is a Tilley hat

1K9GTH0olive.jpg

Black sunglasses too? I sat right behind you and I think you left early, right? I usually sit on the far right side towards campus but this time we sat far left and seemed that's where most of the action was. haha 

4 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Black sunglasses too? I sat right behind you and I think you left early, right? I usually sit on the far right side towards campus but this time we sat far left and seemed that's where most of the action was. haha 

That's me. Funny, I guess we need to make it a requirement to stand up an announce ourselves at camp. Yes, I had to leave early. The fiancee texted and her car wouldn't start...she was at the mall so all I saw were dollar signs for every hour she was stuck there and I was 2 hours away... lol

39 minutes ago, IndyD4U said:

That's me. Funny, I guess we need to make it a requirement to stand up an announce ourselves at camp. Yes, I had to leave early. The fiancee texted and her car wouldn't start...she was at the mall so all I saw were dollar signs for every hour she was stuck there and I was 2 hours away... lol

hahaha that's a good call! VW's are a pain to work on when they break. I don't wish a VW upon anyone. lol. Where are you from? 

Thought these were some good tidbits from Monachino:http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/What-Has-Ted-Monachino-Surprised-About-His-Defense/8c8acd84-95ec-49fa-9008-08b520574020

On his impressions of seventh-round pick Trevor Batesicon-article-link.gif :

“Trevor is physical, he’s explosive, he’s smart, he’s mature well beyond his years and he fits in the room.  Yeah, sure I’m impressed with him. For a guy that was drafted in the position that he was drafted out of the University of Maine, absolutely I’m impressed with him. Now, that’s not to say that he can trot out there on September 11th against the Detroit Lions and know what pro football is. We’re going to have to move him forward as we go, but I think that he’s going to be a fine football player in this system or in any system that he would end up in.”

On the development for fourth-round linebacker Antonio Morrisonicon-article-link.gif:

“Well, I think it’s a big jump. I think that what college players tend to believe when they come into the league is that the speed of the game is so far greater than the college game and that they’re going to have a hard time. What they realize after a few days is the speed of the game mentally is the difference.  That’s where the game is different. The game is played in feet and inches rather than in yards and 100 yards. That transition is going slowly but surely. He’ll get better and better and he’ll start to get a head start on some plays as soon as he starts paying really close attention to what (Linebackers) Coach (Jim) Herrmann is saying and to what DQ (D’Qwell Jackson) is doing.”

On what Morrison has struggled with specifically:

“Specifically, I think just the volume of the system. I think he’s got a really good feel for the language that we’re talking. Sometimes I think though once you get out there on the field and you’ve got to put it all together with moving parts and motions and shifts and changes in calls I think that tends to catch up with young guys. But right where he is from a mental standpoint is probably where we would expect him to be after three days and going into the fourth.”

On the progress of D’Joun Smith, last year’s third-round pick:

“I think what you see out of D’Joun is you see him growing daily, you see with reps he gets better and better. You also see some rustiness because of his offseason and what he went through from an injury standpoint.  But it’s great to get those guys reps because we know that he’s a good football player and we know that he’s a good corner and we know he’s an NFL-caliber corner that we can play winning football with. So all the reps we can get him, those are better. Every rep we get him moves him further down the road.”

On Smith’s confidence:

“I think he’s a very confident kid. Sometimes I think that he gets a little bit too confident. But I keep telling him that we’re going to reward some risk taking. If he plays well early in the down and takes a risk to make a play on a ball we’re for that. But I also understand that he’s still in a growing process. He’s a guy that hasn’t had a lot of reps and we need to get him more and more as we go and the more he gets the more comfortable he’ll become and the slower the game will happen for him.”
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/What-Has-Ted-Monachino-Surprised-About-His-Defense/8c8acd84-95ec-49fa-9008-08b520574020

2 hours ago, krunk said:

Guess we'll get to seem more of Blythe today with Kelly being out with a shoulder strain.

For full disclosure I'm an Iowa homer, so I'm rooting for Blythe.  So I am biased.

But I was reading Stampede Blue and they said Harrison messed up on another freaking snap in TC.  I have to think that this gives Blythe and opening here.  If he can just make the snaps correctly and block somewhere close to Harrison I'd rather see him in there.

I'm really freaking tired of Harrison's bad snaps.  Let him play guard if he can do it, but that guy shouldn't be snapping the ball.