Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I can't be the only one who thinks this

13 hours ago, Gavin said:

Floyd will be a double digit sack guy with a little development I have no doubt....And before anyone says anything about taking a developmental player in the first remember most prospects that are drafted are developing players to varying degrees no matter the round...Not finished prospects. We see this time and time again, Prospects while they have the physical talent to fulfill there expectations still most of the time have to get used to the mental speed of the game. Even #1 draft picks are not finished products and often take a year or so to develop. All of our favorite prospects have some developing to do in an area or multiple areas but I think Floyd has the work ethic, Flexibility, speed off the edge, agility and play recognition to go at 18 and possibly be All Pro. He also has a nice swim and spin move

I love Floyd.  I just don't think he is going to be there...  I agree with you I think he has the brightest future of the pass rushers and pass rushers are a premium position.  With those 2 facts in mind I think he goes before 18.  But...

If he doesn't I would be comfortable grabbing him over pretty much any prospect save Jackson III, Billings, and Lee.  And I would still be ok with taking them over those 3 but I would take the full 10 min to make the decision :-).

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

The Chargers are picking THIRD.

You listed FOUR possible names.

I'm not sure how unbelievable UNINTENTIONALLY funny that is.       Goodness gracious.         :facepalm:

Not sure I see the issue here?  I guarantee you the Chargers are considering MORE than 4 guys with the 3rd pick at this point.....

29 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

Not sure I see the issue here?  I guarantee you the Chargers are considering MORE than 4 guys with the 3rd pick at this point.....

Ahhhh....    we're in agreement.

But our young friend stated emphatically that the Chargers are considering four players and four players ONLY.

I was taking issue with that.....

We're on the same side.

Its about depth and picking in the top twenties for me, I can't see doing anything but picking BDPA in  the first two rounds. As long as Luck has learned to get the ball out quickly and not take unnecessary hits then we may not be picking this high again for years. This is our chance to get two great players for the D. I think the o-line is going to be much less of a problem than its expected be with the changes to coaching and play calling. Waiting until the third to look for a center is perfectly acceptable in my book.

2 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ahhhh....    we're in agreement.

But our young friend stated emphatically that the Chargers are considering four players and four players ONLY.

I was taking issue with that.....

We're on the same side.

I see, was wondering why 4 was an issue...lol

15 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

I see, was wondering why 4 was an issue...lol

And I want to re-emphasize, that Dan may indeed turn out to be right....   the pick may come from one of his four players.

I just wouldn't be so certain that they're only considering those four at this point in the process.     I think it's way too early for them to know right now.