Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Anyone know how much cap room we'll have for tomorrow? Now that we haven't gotten rid of the guys we should have gotten rid of. Will we be able to sign a couple good players? This has me concerned. Heck. At this point I'd be happy with Patrick Robinson and Mike Harris

Well, considering Cole was just restructured today, it should be obvious that the Colts are still making moves.  Others could still be cut or restructured before tomorrow's FA begins, so we won't know for sure how much there is to spend until tomorrow when all of their pre-FA moves have been made.

I am not sure the exact number but I am not sure why so many thought we would get rid of everyone and create no depth??  You restructure a few but we are not going to bleed out and leave a team of like 40 players.  Grigson will probably try and go after someone like Alex Boone or Zane Beadles.

5 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Well, considering Cole was just restructured today, it should be obvious that the Colts are still making moves.  Others could still be cut or restructured before tomorrow's FA begins, so we won't know for sure how much there is to spend until tomorrow when all of their pre-FA moves have been made.

You have to think we'll do something with Jones. Restructure or something.

How much we have to spend is all based on your assumptions of who we keep at what prices and who else we cut.  I figure (and my #s could be off, but I've tried to be accurate) that if we give Luck a contract that counts $25 million against the cap in 2015 and cut Arthur Jones, D'Qwell, and Werner, we'll have about $35 million in 2015 to resign other insiders (Freeman, Lowery, etc.),any outside FAs, and all of our draftees (which should cost about $4 million).  A lot of estimates in there though!