Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

PFF Steve Palazzolo Mock

Yes, talent will get you into the league, but once in it won't guarantee a spot.  GM's and teams will mention Tyrann Mathieu's are not the norm.  Randy Gregory's are the norm.

Gregory failed a drug test at the 2015 combine.  All kinds of people wanted to take a chance on him.  Jerry Jones did, and now Gregory is suspended the first 4 games in 2016.  That means he failed another 3 drug tests last year (4 total to get 4 games with the last update to the drug policy).  Gregory was injured and performed fairly poorly last year as well.

8 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Grigson clearly stated that he will absolutely not draft anyone with character issues in the first 3 rounds. It might have been 4, but I know he definitely said they won't look at anyone like that early.

Spence probably isn't even on their draft board. And he's not a player worth taking a chance on that early. Maybe if he was Khalil Mack good, but he's not. You won't see Spence I'm Colts blue, that I'm certain of. People just want him because they'd do anything for a pass rusher, even commit Cardinal sins of drafting.

If the issues were non-substance related like Peters then he'd be worth the risk. Remember that Mathieu is the exception to the rule,not the rule. There are more Justin Blackmon's than Mathieu's

We are not going to talk about the police contact on the E Ky campus in 6/2015 alcohol was involved Don't want him give me Billing in the 1st Fuller 2nd Correra 3rd 

27 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We are not going to talk about the police contact on the E Ky campus in 6/2015 alcohol was involved Don't want him give me Billing in the 1st Fuller 2nd Correra 3rd 

You're assuming those 3 guys will be there when we pick? 

That might not be the case....   especially with picks 2 and 3....

15 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

You're assuming those 3 guys will be there when we pick? 

That might not be the case....   especially with picks 2 and 3....

Yes I am guessing where guys go. That is what anyone who does a mock does. My point was really about Spence not being in trouble in 3 yrs that's just false. I doubt Grig's is interesred anyway. People on here act like we should start getting his bust ready for Canton. He only put up ok numbers vs inferior talent and played well in an all-star game.  He's a top 15 pick because he did well at the Sr. Bowl? Sorry I find that humorous. It shows how weak this class of edge rushers is. 

I think Grig's wants an edge rusher in the first. I just hope he doesn't reach especially not for Spence.

Personally I'd take Billings over him everyday and twice on Sunday. You don't see NT with his skill set everyday. He could be a special player. To me Billings ceiling is All-pro his floor is a good run stuffing NT that can push the poket. Spence ceiling isn't as high and his floor is much lower. He's a guy that could cost you your job in the 1st if you are a GM on shaky ground. 

Fuller could go earlier but I think he goes in the 2nd. I never saw his official height I'm guessing he was closer to 6' than 5'10. He could be a steal at 48. 

Correra  could definatly go before our pick in the 3rd. The lack of edge rushers in this draft I would not be surprised to see someone take him at the bottom of the 2nd. I wouldn't take him before the 3rd at the earliest. I think he's best suited to play for a 3-4 team. That narrows his pool of eligibles. 

We need an edge but we can only work with what is there. I don't see a lot there in FA's or do I think we are looking to spend a ton of $$ in FA. I don't think  Irvin is the answer.

The fact that Spence is considered the best in the draft is an indication of how many questions there are with the other edge rushers.  I would be happy adding DL to help improve the pass rush early and drafting an edge day 3. 

We can walk away from this draft set at DL CB and potentially S. We would need to address the OL in FA for that to happen.  I think that's the only way you will see an immediate upgrade to the interior of the OL.  Wiz and Brooks are who I like. I know some are not fans of Wiz. We would get a look at just how bad our C play has been the last few years if we landed Wiz or Jones. 

I've seen nothing that makes me think Irsay and Grigson weren't sincere when they said Good had a future at RT.  I don't see us going RT early like nearly every "insider" has us doing. A C isn't smart at 18. It's going to be someone on D. That's my guess. Billings makes a ton of sense to me