Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

RG3 to Denver?

oldunclemark

2 hours ago, will426 said:

But I don't want a rivalry I like beating the Texans without any resistance lol so I say nay keep away from rg3 please and thanks 

haha Understandable. But hey, we like competing for this good ole' division too...I think a new QB rivalry in the AFC South is due ;)

3 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

There is one Marcus Mariota showed he is ready .

I think Blake has shown more of a chance for that happening I think. But Mariota will be up for the task too, provided the Titans can actually become competitive in the next few years.

10 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

I think Blake has shown more of a chance for that happening I think. But Mariota will be up for the task too, provided the Titans can actually become competitive in the next few years.

My first year of Posting here you got me on the Division bragging rights but Andrew will be back next season. Looking forward to next season. I still think Tennessee is a year away from being really competitive, Jacks I am not sure about? I still don't think Bortles is all that but we will see. Mariota is Good but they have a crappy Defense. You guys could get RG3??

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My first year of Posting here you got me on the Division bragging rights but Andrew will be back next season. Looking forward to next season. I still think Tennessee is a year away from being really competitive, Jacks I am not sure about? I still don't think Bortles is all that but we will see. Mariota is Good but they have a crappy Defense. You guys could get RG3??

Yep, entirely possible. I just saw that Kaep has requested a trade too. A lot of young and athletic QBs on the market this year. 

But yeah, having division bragging rights again is awesome ;) I hope Rick Smith does what it takes this offseason to make sure we can beat the Colts with Andrew at the helm. 

8 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yep, entirely possible. I just saw that Kaep has requested a trade too. A lot of young and athletic QBs on the market this year. 

But yeah, having division bragging rights again is awesome ;) I hope Rick Smith does what it takes this offseason to make sure we can beat the Colts with Andrew at the helm. 

Yeah I cant wait to see how those games go now. Winning the Division is something I took for granted the last 2 or 3 years and did when Peyton was QB too but now I want to see what kind of team we put around Andrew and if he can stay healthy.

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I cant wait to see how those games go now. Winning the Division is something I took for granted the last 2 or 3 years and did when Peyton was QB too but now I want to see what kind of team we put around Andrew and if he can stay healthy.

Yeah I think you guys are going after an o-linemen or a running back like Elliott in the first round. As we saw this past season, protecting Andrew is what's most important. He has to protect himself too, though. I know Colts fans are so used to winning the division that it feels especially bad when they don't. I'm sure Irsay knows this, which surprises me that he brought both Grigson and Pagano back. But I guess we'll see how it goes. 

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

Yeah I think you guys are going after an o-linemen or a running back like Elliott in the first round. As we saw this past season, protecting Andrew is what's most important. He has to protect himself too, though. I know Colts fans are so used to winning the division that it feels especially bad when they don't. I'm sure Irsay knows this, which surprises me that he brought both Grigson and Pagano back. But I guess we'll see how it goes. 

Deepdown I had a strange feeling you guys would beat us here in Indy without Andrew playing. I never admitted that when I was Posting leading up to the game because Hass is decent but I figured if you guys cant beat us now then you never will here. That is what I was thinking. If you win the Division by beating an Andrew led team than that is worth really celebrating. You guys did win it his Rookie season but he was a Rookie but you still lost in Indy. Next season will be fun.

On February 14, 2016 at 10:36 PM, oldunclemark said:

He doesn't have to be a star to be the backup...

My thought is: Denver needs an experienced hand. Matt Hasselbeck would be perfect for them but he's staying with us..

....Guys get beaten down at QB. After sometime and maturity, with a change of scenery, they can come back.

I don't want him for Indy but for Denver, where money is tight, he makes some sense

Denver needs a back up on the cheap. they don't exactly have cash to burn. RG3 isn't going to get elite QB money, but he is going to want a starter job with starter money. It would take a very humble person to willing take a backup role and backup pay cut after being handed the keys to the kingdom when he first entered the league. It's my understanding that he is not that kind of guy.

22 hours ago, No 1 Manning Fan said:

Denver needs a back up on the cheap. they don't exactly have cash to burn. RG3 isn't going to get elite QB money, but he is going to want a starter job with starter money. It would take a very humble person to willing take a backup role and backup pay cut after being handed the keys to the kingdom when he first entered the league. It's my understanding that he is not that kind of guy.

Do you think there is ANY team that RG3 can start for next September...?
I dont....he will be a backup and he'll take vet backup pay..which isn't bad...certainly it isn't in Indy

10 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Do you think there is ANY team that RG3 can start for next September...?
I dont....he will be a backup and he'll take vet backup pay..which isn't bad...certainly it isn't in Indy

Cleveland comes to mind. San Fran could be a great place if Kaep is really gone. I think he could fit Chip Kelley's system nicely.