Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

A Key Difference in Super Bowl 50

ColtsSouljah

Now, hear me out. I'm not downplaying the defenses or anything. I'm not just being a Peyton homer. We all know that Denver's D carried them.

That being said, here was a major difference in the QBs that played a HUGE role in the outcome, and it highlights how amazing Peyton is. In a game dominated by INCREDIBLE defenses, one QB was rattled and lost his cool right from the start. The other QB remained calm and never got rattled. This was obvious from the opening drives. Peyton adapted to a game of defenses, and Cam did not. This game did so much to show just how dominate Manning is because of that. Peyton didn't force and he didn't get frustrated. He took what was there.

This game was always going to be about the defenses. I don't care who you could image playing QB for either team - this game was never gonna be a battle of 300 yards passing.

8 minutes ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Now, hear me out. I'm not downplaying the defenses or anything. I'm not just being a Peyton homer. We all know that Denver's D carried them.

That being said, here was a major difference in the QBs that played a HUGE role in the outcome, and it highlights how amazing Peyton is. In a game dominated by INCREDIBLE defenses, one QB was rattled and lost his cool right from the start. The other QB remained calm and never got rattled. This was obvious from the opening drives. Peyton adapted to a game of defenses, and Cam did not. This game did so much to show just how dominate Manning is because of that. Peyton didn't force and he didn't get frustrated. He took what was there.

This game was always going to be about the defenses. I don't care who you could image playing QB for either team - this game was never gonna be a battle of 300 yards passing.

I agree. I said right before the game this could be a 10-7 or 17-13 game but I thought the Broncos would win. It seems a lot of family and friends didn't agree with me and poked a few friendly jabs at me. I never seen such a quite bunch of friends and family at the end of the first quarter. There was a few cheers a couple of times and a comment or two about it was Cam time but ultimately Denvers defense was just too much. I know Peyton is a Bronco now but his time being coached under Tony Dungy showed with his calmness. Peyton has seen and experienced it all. He has been at the bottom, the top and everything else in between. It's been a hell of a ride. In a way I hope this is Peytons last game. All those year he carried the Colts pretty much on his back and now he is on a team that was good enough to carry him in his twilight. Hold that trophy high Mr. Manning.