Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Denver (-4) @ San Diego (12-13-15)

oldunclemark

12 minutes ago, Moose Of Woe said:

That was the exception instead of the norm. If he can play like that even half the time he absolutely should start over Brock.

That's all I'm saying. When a 30-year-odl guy is hurt..we say..'wait until he;s healthy'.

When a 40-year-old guy is hurt..we say he's done.

Brock is don't fine but they've got beat Cincy and NE to get to the Super Bowl. Cant go with a guy who's startedsix games. Just cant

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I guess now I now why the 'over-under' was so low...17-3 final

Yeah. Offensively they did a whole lot of nothing again for most of the game. Good lord if that defense had even a fair offense to go with it they'd be unbeatable.

At least offensively Sanders shows up every week. The run game has been better the last several weeks, too. Nothing amazing, but at least respectable.

13 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I love what Brock has done for them but they have to roll old Peyton out there Dec,. 28 against Cincinnati.

17 points twice in the last 3 weeks against sub. 500 teams

As long as Peyton doesn't keep throwing the game to the other team, I agree. Brock doesn't lead many scoring drives in spite of an awesome D.

I'd still take a guy who doesn't score much VS a guy throwing pick sixes or otherwise putting the D in tight spots. Brock should have had a pick six tonight but got lucky. If Peyton can at least be a reliable game manager, he should start.

Painful.  Injuries are just brutal and unstopping.  Down 2 starting olinemen, lost another, the fill ins are from the practice squad and where ever we could scounge them.  They got pushed back every play and Rivers had about a phone booth sized pocket when he had one.  We were down to 2 WRs one of which was off the practice squad and a rookie running back who's head is all messed up from trying too hard and too many fumbles.

First year in a long time since I was this excited to see a season just get over.  All I want for Christmas is my QB in one piece.

7 hours ago, Moose Of Woe said:

As long as Peyton doesn't keep throwing the game to the other team, I agree. Brock doesn't lead many scoring drives in spite of an awesome D.

I'd still take a guy who doesn't score much VS a guy throwing pick sixes or otherwise putting the D in tight spots. Brock should have had a pick six tonight but got lucky. If Peyton can at least be a reliable game manager, he should start.

Peyton was 7-2 as a starter..The 'he keeps throwing the game' theme sounds like the Jay Cutler for MVP talk.

Forget interceptions. Remember wins.

2 hours ago, Girlzarefanstoo said:

Painful.  Injuries are just brutal and unstopping.  Down 2 starting olinemen, lost another, the fill ins are from the practice squad and where ever we could scounge them.  They got pushed back every play and Rivers had about a phone booth sized pocket when he had one.  We were down to 2 WRs one of which was off the practice squad and a rookie running back who's head is all messed up from trying too hard and too many fumbles.

First year in a long time since I was this excited to see a season just get over.  All I want for Christmas is my QB in one piece.

Yeah sorry for the loss Girlz, tough season for you no doubt. This Colts season hasn't been overly pleasant either but I think we still take the Division IF ANDREW PLAYS.

Chargers have the QB to anchor the team. They're better off than, leys say, Cleveland  or Houston, *or Dallas) who don't. If they ever have a year like Carolina or Cincy where almost no one of note gets hurt, they'll be playing for titles.

Its hard to find players who never get injured. There's no label on them a s such

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Chargers have the QB to anchor the team. They're better off than, leys say, Cleveland  or Houston, *or Dallas) who don't. If they ever have a year like Carolina or Cincy where almost no one of note gets hurt, they'll be playing for titles.

Its hard to find players who never get injured. There's no label on them a s such

To me Rivers is a Top 10 QB in todays league and that is what you need to compete at least. You have 32 teams, so Top 10 is Good. Of course you need Defense as well for your team to flourish but having that Top 10 QB is a start. Rivers definitely Top 10.

On 12/7/2015 at 3:20 AM, oldunclemark said:

Peyton was 7-2 as a starter..The 'he keeps throwing the game' theme sounds like the Jay Cutler for MVP talk.

Forget interceptions. Remember wins.

Rex Grossman got to a Superbowl with a lot of wins thanks to the Bears D. He was not a good QB.

When they ran up against a team that could actually put some points up on that D (us) they lost, handedly.

Peyton has put the defense in bad situations a lot this year. Often times flat out spotting the other team 10+ points and the D has to clamp down even more. That's what makes Denver's defense so impressive. Wins are great, but they don't tell the story.

Say Denver gets to the SB and meets CAR on the other side. What then? They won't win if the QB is spotting CAR points.