Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Coaches And Win Counts

DalTXColtsFan

Here's a thought for discussion - pick any 3 coaches, past or present, and state how many games you think they'd have won had they been hired as the 2011 Colts' coach in, say, February 2011.

I'll go first:

Bill Cowher: 2

Jon Gruden: 2

Bill Belichik: 2

I have no concrete facts to support my opinions.

Here's a thought for discussion - pick any 3 coaches, past or present, and state how many games you think they'd have won had they been hired as the 2011 Colts' coach in, say, February 2011.

I'll go first:

Bill Cowher: 2

Jon Gruden: 2

Bill Belichik: 2

I have no concrete facts to support my opinions.

Assuming none of them have power to acquire players (because BB would have found a QB)

Cowher without his star QB would run conservative. (3 wins)

Gruden would open it up some.(4 wins)

Belichick would have adjusted every game,every qtr, and every series. Moving players around. And with all of training camp to work with the roster would have been different. (8 wins min)

Any of those three, and any other decent to good coach would have changed the plan of attack from an offensive perspective as soon as Manning is was under the knife for the 2nd time.

They wouldn't have attempted to send Collins out there in an offense he didn't know, or have Painter run an offense that he couldn't run to start with.

5-6 wins should have been the minimum and with a break or two we could have approached .500.

I doubt any of them would have continued to send Painter out there throwing at the rate that he was. The fact that it took Caldwell/Christensen so long to adjust the offense is just obscene. What do you expect though.

5 or 6 at best with a coach that would have game planned based on what he knew his players could do well. Try to remember the Colts IR'ed another 14 or so players again this year, and they lost a couple of close ones early..

Oh and BTW, BB would not have won 8 by moving players around. Continuity is very important, and how is that "moving players around" working out for that vaunted NE defense? Also a normal training camp would have made every team better, making it a wash.