Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Passing On Luck Would Be Foolish

I know!This dude losses every big game in competes in.I think an unlucky(PUN INTENDED) team will soon find out about his limited skillset and choke mentality.He has an weak arm(moderate at best),can't make all the big throws,and likely to get seriously hurt with his scrambling once he reaches where the big boys play(NFL).I just don't see this GREAT QUARTERBACK everyone else sees.

Respectfully....So when did you put down the "Manning can't win the big game" mantra? Most Manning haters waited until we beat the Patriots in AFCCG in early-2007. Does Luck have to wait that long or just Manning? Which Manning "can't win the big games" are different than Luck? (College - Florida?).

I know!This dude losses every big game in competes in.I think an unlucky(PUN INTENDED) team will soon find out about his limited skillset and choke mentality.He has an weak arm(moderate at best),can't make all the big throws,and likely to get seriously hurt with his scrambling once he reaches where the big boys play(NFL).I just don't see this GREAT QUARTERBACK everyone else sees.

You seriously have not watched him play. He makes big time throws has a good arm and yes he does like to fall forward while running but that is easily fixed. Your acting like PM has never choked and is the best clutch player ever. This was all said about manning in college. He did take them to national title but was destroyed by Nebraska. He was taken number 1 overall. So maybe we shouldn't take Luck he resembles PM a little to much. 2011 Stanford won orange bowl. That was a big game that luck played great in. Believe he threw 3 td and was named player of the game. Their loss this year in bowl game wasn't his fault. He drove his team down the field to score a game winning fg but kicker missed it. He did everything he could do. He also best USC in like 3 overtimes. He is absolutely clutch so know what your taking about before u make comments.

As much as people want Manning to play for 5 years (me included) we just have to face the facts hes getting old and his health is an issue. There are many people on here who want to draft a different QB or not one at all but there wont be a player who is like Luck for years. Luck is the most pro ready prospect in the draft, he is one of the best college prospects next to Elway, and his intagibles are just something you cant pass on. His accuracy is great, he is very intelligent, calls his own plays, very athletic, keeps his eyes down feild, can sense pressure, and his throw on the run is crazy good. Also how lucky (no pun intended) are we to have Luck stay in school and the next year we tank and go 2-14.

I have to agree on the importance of drafting Andrew Luck. I realize that 1st picks in the draft don't always pan out, but how are you going to get this opportunity again?

I would love to see Peyton Manning keep playing, but he has had 3 neck surgeries! They still don't know if he is going to be able to play next year. I would hate to see him come back and get permanently injured. It could happen. I really believe he should retire. I never expected to feel this way, but hey, did any of think we were going to lose 13 straight games without him? Before he had his most recent surgery, I thought he would miss 3 or 4 games and then be rusty for 3 or 4 more. I would have thought we could win half of those to say the least. Our team has lots of talent besides Peyton, but painfully, it is completely focused on number 18.

The Colts really need to take the chance on Andrew Luck. He may not be the next Manning or Brady, but he's certainly not a flop. That said, we cannot afford to have every aspect of the team revolve around the quarterback. We have had little success with the running game and run defense. I really don't believe that it is because we haven't had a phenomenal running back. To the contrary, I believe we have a number of excellent running backs. The problem is our offensive line, fast as they are, are not big enough as a whole to consistently open up a hole for the running back to get through. It shows when you look at our defense. Sounds like a strange comment doesn't it? They are built very much the same. We have a very difficult time when we must gain 3 or 4 yds on the ground on 3rd down and even more when we need 1 on 4th down. Yet, our competitors do it to us on a regular basis! Our defense needs to be sized up so they can prevent the other team from opening up a hole for their running backs.

All this said, I think the proper direction for the Colts is to be more of a hybrid team. We have primarily been a passing powerhouse, which is great when it works.

One last thought.

When we had Peyton on the field, our defense could afford to let the other team score 21 points and we could still win. This year, we needed to totally shut them down. 3 points by the opposing team, and we could have won a lot more games. I guess this is why all the sports announcers were saying our defense was built to play with a lead.

The thing people forget about RGIII is he is most likely the second pick, expect the rams to raffle off their pick to the highest bidder for someone that wants RGIII. So by the 4th pick he will most likely be gone by then.

I don't know about that, you think the Rams would pass on getting a very talented LT prospect? They need O-line help because Sam Bradford has been getting beat up and injured. If they traded back it would be very tough for them to get LT Matt Kalil.

Phew, so glad we dont have to worry about the Colts taking Luck. Mort's report along with what Dungy said on NBC, the insiders have the settled intel that we're drafting the new face of our franchise. Now lets get our GM hired and a new coach.

If that new face of our franchise is... wait what? I don't think a CB like Morris Claiborne could be the new face of our franchise. Maybe you mean them collectively as a whole after a tradeback.

I don't know about that, you think the Rams would pass on getting a very talented LT prospect? They need O-line help because Sam Bradford has been getting beat up and injured. If they traded back it would be very tough for them to get LT Matt Kalil.

I think they would for the bidding war they could create for that pick and get extra talent rather then just one person for that multitude of picks.