Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Sick of the Colts not sticking to the run game

RockThatBlue

It is simple.Just let Frank Gore loose! He is called Frank "The Tank" Gore for a reason. Now that we have Bradshaw, just unchain Gore and let him run wild. When the Colts are only trailing by 7, Pep is too quick to abandon the running game and just go one dimensional with the passing game. Frank Gore was averaging 6 yards per carry last night on only 13 carries. I know some people don't want to hear this but Luck have regress back in his 4th year in the NFL. This year we don't have a franchise QB but we do have a franchise RB. Gore should be given 20+ carries a game while Luck should be limited to 30 passing attempts a game.

If you want to win games, feed "The Tank". Pep should make a copy of the Vikings playbook in 2012 when AP had 2000 rushing that year, and use it with Frank Gore. At this point in the season, Gore should not be limited anymore with Bradshaw backing him up. If Gore get injured, than so be it. Let him loose on the battlefield! 

Run game was working like a charm last night, and setting up play-action. Second half, they come out in shotgun and pass 3 plays in a row. I don't get it.

I'm telling you once we got a sense that they had some scrubs in the secondary we zeroed in and got greedy. All we were focused on was getting chunk plays. Pagano was so nervous about keeping pace with them we just focused on trying to get to the end zone as soon as possible. Pagano has got to stop getting nervous and trust the O to drive the football down the field. We could have dinked and dunked, ran the football and took a few shots down the field off play action. We don't necessarily have to get out of our methodical pace to strike deep. Once this team becomes good at establishing drives we will start blowing people out.

Gore has looked great -- but it seems that he leaves the field just when we're getting good momentum with the running game.  Does anybody have insight into whether he needs a breather, he's getting banged-up, or this is part of the pitch-count for Frank?

We lose momentum in the running game when he leaves.  Bradshaw didn't appear to be ready last night, but I would expect him to be better soon and maybe lessen the impact when Frank heads to the sideline.

Chuck Pagano on abandoning the run in the fourth quarter:

“Did we get away from it a little bit too soon? Yeah.

“There was a point where I told Pep we have to go up-tempo, we’ve got to get this thing down field in a hurry.”

This is so stupid. Pagano did a great job coaching in the first half but his coaching just was awful in the second half. What the heck happened? We just threw away what was working? This staff is gonna get fired over this nonsense.