Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SNF- Packers vs Seahawks

RockThatBlue

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm definitely a Colts fan... Loved seeing Manning get beat by the Colts. I even loved seeing him get beat by the Seahawks. I don't even want him to win another Super Bowl.

Don't get why you said the NFL didn't start with Manning. I was attending Colt games, as a kid, since 1994. My parents had season tickets and I have fond memories of captain comeback.

Your assessment of the players surrounded by Luck and Manning, in their first three years, are all subjective. Also, I'd say Hilton is Lucks Harrison.

I just think watching Luck QB is a tad bit underwheliming after watching Manning play all of those years.

You say he has the best start of any QB in history yet disregard the era he is playing in. If you're going by stats, then you have to consider the era; if you're going by team wins, then Russell Wilson, Big Ben, and Brady have something to say about that.

You sure you aren't more of a Luck fan than a Colts fan?

Disregard the era? Not hardly. QBs like Graham, Baugh, Starr and some others are disregarded. They all have done more than any present day QB. They also played in an era when the QB was not protected and their receivers were man handled every game. You seem to be the one who is disregarding eras. Not only did Baugh lead the league is passing he also lead the league in kicking and interceptions at one time. That is why I said football didn't start with Manning. Oh, and keep in mind some of these QBs used a football that was not streamlined for passing. Today all kinds of stats and facts are at everyone's finger tips but for some reason the history of football is disregarded like it didn't happen.

I think I have just outgrown the whole my QB vs your QB thing. Or maybe it's just Luck isn't my QB like Manning was. I grew up watching Manning, arguing him over Brady and now I'm an adult and Luck is about my age so I look at him more objectively, with out being emotionally invested.

And honestly, from being in the rare circumstance of ditching your great QB (Manning), like Greenbay did (Favre), I'm just a little underwhelmed because going from Manning to Luck is a slight downgrade. Where as Favre to Rodgers is an upgrade. So I'm sure for Packer fans, it's easier to be amazed by Rodgers.

Luck is good; I just don't know if he is going to be the greatest of all time like so many Colts fans seem to think. Maybe he will; I don't know.

And I don't care if I'm in the minority with these thoughts. And I'm not trying to change yours or anyone else's opinion. Lol. If you think Luck is the greatest QB of all time and that there are no other QB's just as capable or have merit, then go ahead! It's annoying, but hey it's your world!

I have been a Colts fan since they moved here in 1984, I am in my 40's and have watched a lot of Football. I will agree with Manning the Offense looked more organized but I think Luck has more raw talent. It took Manning 9 seasons before we won a SB and Luck is only in year 4. Patience.

I think I have just outgrown the whole my QB vs your QB thing. Or maybe it's just Luck isn't my QB like Manning was. I grew up watching Manning, arguing him over Brady and now I'm an adult and Luck is about my age so I look at him more objectively, with out being emotionally invested.

And honestly, from being in the rare circumstance of ditching your great QB (Manning), like Greenbay did (Favre), I'm just a little underwhelmed because going from Manning to Luck is a slight downgrade. Where as Favre to Rodgers is an upgrade. So I'm sure for Packer fans, it's easier to be amazed by Rodgers.

Luck is good; I just don't know if he is going to be the greatest of all time like so many Colts fans seem to think. Maybe he will; I don't know.

And I don't care if I'm in the minority with these thoughts. And I'm not trying to change yours or anyone else's opinion. Lol. If you think Luck is the greatest QB of all time and that there are no other QB's just as capable or have merit, then go ahead! It's annoying, but hey it's your world!

^^^ things that make you say huh

Lol that is hilarious. I wasn't aware of Wilson's comments following their NFC championship victory. I would have said the same thing if I was in Rodgers position.

I can't stand when football players talk about God when it comes to such frivolous matters as football. I remember when Ray Lewis talked about God when they beatbthebColts in 2012. It disgusted me.

What's so wrong and disgusting about it??? Just cause you don't like it??? There is absolutely nothing wrong with player referring to God or giving thanks to Him if that's who they believe in and who helped them. There is nothing frivolous or disgusting about it. You may not lie it or care for it... but that's kinda too bad. It's doesn't make it frivolous or disgusting by any stretch of the imagination though.