Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Start Philip Dorsett?

bap1331

Considering TY Hilton's minor injury. Even if he starts on Monday, i think he will have a limited role. I think Dorsett may be a sleeper. Probably Moncrief, Dorsett and Andre will have bigger roles. What do you think?

Im considering him at starting WR or Flex.

Damarius already played but i dont know if i can depend on Amari Cooper against the Ravens Defense. And an iffy Ameer Abdullah. I think Abdullah is a must start against the Vikings after their performance.

Boom or bust player depends on the weeks match up is the possibility of a blow up week worth the risk

well, it depends as who you have as your backup. And really my starter is Amari Cooper with a tough matchup. I think i would get more points with Luck as a QB than Carr. lol.

see this is why I dont like 12 team leagues when you have to rely on someone like dorsett to start for you

I have to disagree with this. I hate 8 and 10 team leagues where everyone has studs at every position. Makes it into a battle of Luck rather than skill. No one can win consistently in Football in 10 team or less leagues because of the variance. 

Considering TY Hilton's minor injury. Even if he starts on Monday, i think he will have a limited role. I think Dorsett may be a sleeper. Probably Moncrief, Dorsett and Andre will have bigger roles. What do you think?

Im considering him at starting WR or Flex.

Damarius already played but i dont know if i can depend on Amari Cooper against the Ravens Defense. And an iffy Ameer Abdullah. I think Abdullah is a must start against the Vikings after their performance.

Ameer Abdullah is the start here. The Vikings have the 2nd worst run defense in the league right now and Carlos Hyde tore them up last week. I think Abdullah will do fine. The other reason you don't start Dorsett is because you won't know if TY will start or not until after the Sunday games. That limits you to TY and Dorsett. If TY plays, you're fine, if he doesn't, you have to play Dorsett, and he's not a great option this week against some solid jets CB's. Go with Abdullah as your 1st option and Ameer Abdullah as your 2nd option. It's tough to skip starting TY, but it could save you a 0. I'm in the same situation and am starting Jarvis Landry over him unless I hear TY Hilton is 100% starting the Jets game by 4:00 today. GL!

I have to disagree with this. I hate 8 and 10 team leagues where everyone has studs at every position. Makes it into a battle of Luck rather than skill. No one can win consistently in Football in 10 team or less leagues because of the variance. 

luck? that a joke? you still have to make the right picks because last years stars arent always this years. you have to pick the right backup players because injuries happen all the time. luck has nothing to do with it. you still have to make critical decisions to win your matchup. its not just oh ok I drafted great players now I dont ever have to change my lineup or get players from the wire. if anything 10 or 12 are luck because youre just praying for that 4th string wr to catch a lucky td

luck? that a joke? you still have to make the right picks because last years stars arent always this years. you have to pick the right backup players because injuries happen all the time. luck has nothing to do with it. you still have to make critical decisions to win your matchup. its not just oh ok I drafted great players now I dont ever have to change my lineup or get players from the wire. if anything 10 or 12 are luck because youre just praying for that 4th string wr to catch a lucky td

You're wrong, the smaller leagues are more luck based because they take the waiver wire out of the equation. If you have no injuries, you are likely to use your original lineup the majority of the year unless someone tanks big time. Those critical decisions are ellington or Joique bell at rb in a 10 team league, as it would be more of chris ivory or bishop sankey in a 12+ team league where it would take skill (how good is the opponents run defense, how good is the rb's O-Line), to figure out who to use. If you have a 4th string WR in a 10 or 12 team league, something is wrong. I can get teams top Wrs in a 12 team league off waivers sometimes. It's not hard to figure out a 4th wr from another, it takes a little work. Obviously you need studs at every position and aren't very good at fantasy football. Not any fun when every player at every position in your 8 team league scores 20 points and then you lose because 1 player had a bad day. 8 team leagues can be won by an autodrafter as long as they show up after the draft to set the lineup. No skill in those leagues.

You're wrong, the smaller leagues are more luck based because they take the waiver wire out of the equation. If you have no injuries, you are likely to use your original lineup the majority of the year unless someone tanks big time. Those critical decisions are ellington or Joique bell at rb in a 10 team league, as it would be more of chris ivory or bishop sankey in a 12+ team league where it would take skill (how good is the opponents run defense, how good is the rb's O-Line), to figure out who to use. If you have a 4th string WR in a 10 or 12 team league, something is wrong. I can get teams top Wrs in a 12 team league off waivers sometimes. It's not hard to figure out a 4th wr from another, it takes a little work. Obviously you need studs at every position and aren't very good at fantasy football. Not any fun when every player at every position in your 8 team league scores 20 points and then you lose because 1 player had a bad day. 8 team leagues can be won by an autodrafter as long as they show up after the draft to set the lineup. No skill in those leagues.

so the guys that lost nelson benjamin and bryant their fantasy teams didnt suffer because they have "studs" at every position as you put it or guys like cal who only got 3 points. my so called "studs" combined for just 95 points last week. yea real studs

so the guys that lost nelson benjamin and bryant their fantasy teams didnt suffer because they have "studs" at every position as you put it. my so called "studs" combined for just 95 points last week. yea real studs

The guys that lost nelson benjamin and bryant in their fantasy teams in 8 team leagues had a much more bountiful waiver wire to replace them with then anyone in a 12 team league. You are basically in a league where the injury replacements are a lot better and the effects are a lot less severe. I can almost guarantee players like james Jones, Devin Funchess and Terrance Williams were available in those leagues to replace their counterparts. That was probably the low end as that was great for a 12 team league. You probably had guys like Eric Decker, Pierre Garcon, and Donte Moncrief available as well. People who would never be available in a 12 team league. The point is your waiver wire and injuries are a lot less relevant because the downgrades aren't nearly as bad as a 12 team league that lost those players. 

You are also complaining about 95 points, which proves my point about 1 player ruining the team in an 8 team league match. That's the average in a 12 team league, obviously it's about 125 or more in an 8 team league. I won a lot of money in 12+ team leagues 2 years ago and shredded the competition. Last year I did 4 leagues that had 8 teams. Absolutely got destroyed. I finished 8-6 in one, 7-7 in one, and 6-8 in two. I had great teams, but so did everyone else. If you don't have a great week, you will have a good chance of losing. Everyone has a great team. Even with injuries, everyone has great teams. I was scoring 120 every week and finished middle of the pack the majority of the weeks in scoring. The skill is taken out because the lack of teams evens the playing field for the bad players. You're going to have a lot of weeks where you score 120 and lose, it's not fun. I'd rather score less with worse players, but have my opponents have the chance to score less as well. 

so the guys that lost nelson benjamin and bryant their fantasy teams didnt suffer because they have "studs" at every position as you put it or guys like cal who only got 3 points. my so called "studs" combined for just 95 points last week. yea real studs

This is a perfect example of luck, unfortunate luck, and exactly what he is talking about. If a person loses a stud, their season can be easily over against someone who hasn't. In a 12 team league where you have much fewer studs per team, it can be made up by the proper decisions on who to start against other who may have a stud but choose poorly on other positions.